Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » SWTBot Test Plugin RCPMailClient tutorial example fails(SWTBot tutorial example fails, cites unable to load org.eclipse.core.runtime)
SWTBot Test Plugin RCPMailClient tutorial example fails [message #770226] Fri, 23 December 2011 17:29 Go to next message
Jay Billings is currently offline Jay BillingsFriend
Hello!

I was trying to work through the SWTBot tutorial (hxxp://swtbot.com/user-guide/running-swtbot-tests.html) this morning and came across a critical error while trying to test the RCPMailClient product. I am running Eclipse 3.6.2 and SWTBot 2.0. I am running a custom target for another RCP application that will be tested by SWTBot and the target has been configured for SWTBot according to the instructions in the SWTBot user's guide.

I have attached the error message and the log file for reference, but in summary, running with SWTBot test from the example with the RCPMailClient fails to launch with two errors. The first exception is:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.

The second exception is:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).

I have checked config.ini and bundles.info (both attached) to insure that the runtime bundle is available; it is. I have also tried to increase the default launch level of the runtime bundle. I have searched Google for reports or other things on the errors for SWTBot. Finally, I have read the SWTBot FAQ and guides and did not find anything about these errors there.

Any suggestions? Any workarounds? I have used SWTBot on a plain SWT application for over a year with great success and no significant problems, so hopefully I am just missing something simple and won't have to abandon it.

Thank you for your time!

Jay Jay Billings

Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Twitter: @jayjaybillings

[Updated on: Fri, 23 December 2011 17:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SWTBot Test Plugin RCPMailClient tutorial example fails [message #770251 is a reply to message #770226] Fri, 23 December 2011 18:52 Go to previous message
Jay Billings is currently offline Jay BillingsFriend
I determined that this was caused by having two org.eclipse.core.runtime bundles loading into my target. I don't know how or why this happened, but disabling the runtime bundle for 3.6.1 allows SWTBot to successfully launch the RCPMailClient product.

I am now facing a class loader error, but that is something separate from this topic.

Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Twitter: @jayjaybillings
Previous Topic:accessing the StatusLineManager
Next Topic:ComboBox in Popup window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:11:41 GMT 2024