Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Problem Printing Landscape PDF Reports
Problem Printing Landscape PDF Reports [message #769211] Wed, 21 December 2011 15:23
David Johns is currently offline David JohnsFriend
I am having a problem printing a PDF Landscape report, it is printing in Portrait mode with the right half of the document cut off.

Our environment takes the PDF Document stream created from the Birt engine and then uses PDFBox to print the report. We recently upgraded from Birt 2.2.2 to Birt 3.7.1 and from PDFBox 0.7.3 to PDFBox 1.6.0. Aparently there are some differences in the way that the PDF is generated and sent to the printer, as this worked before the upgrade.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get the report to print correctly in landscape? When viewing/printing from Acrobat reader there is not a problem if the autorotate and center is set.

I did attempt to print a Landscape report with Birt 2.2.2 and PDFBox 1.6.0 and the report printed in Portrait mode, also when I ran a report from Birt 3.7.1 and PDFBox 0.7.3 it rotated the document, but lost the formatting (all of the sold lines on the report did not show up).

I assume that the issue is the with the way that PDFBox handles the printing, but thought that there might be something on the Birt side that could fix the problem.

Any help or direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

David
Previous Topic:Somebody uses the BIRT API to generate a REport
Next Topic:BIRT Parameter overhead
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:30:13 GMT 2024