Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Respond to item click in popup menu
Respond to item click in popup menu [message #769050] Wed, 21 December 2011 10:07 Go to next message
Chris B. is currently offline Chris B.Friend
Hello,

when dragging a connector the GMF framework displays a popup menu with items that can be dropped into a diagram/canvas. My question is how can i define the action that should be executed when i click on an item? Currently nothing happens when i click and release the mouse button.

regards
bj

index.php/fa/6517/0/
  • Attachment: exprlink.png
    (Size: 12.19KB, Downloaded 458 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 21 December 2011 10:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Respond to item click in popup menu [message #770057 is a reply to message #769050] Fri, 23 December 2011 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

in case that all your models are specified correctly the link should be created automatically without the need for any implementation from your side. If you want to see what happens here you can set a break point into the doExecuteWithResult method of the PromptAndCreateConnectionCommand class which is an internal class of the GraphicalNodeEditPolicy class. I think you need to set the breakpoint after this line of code

CommandResult cmdResult = super.doExecuteWithResult(progressMonitor, info);

If you set the breakpoint at or before this line of code the context menu will not appear in the editor you are debugging.

Ralph

[Updated on: Fri, 23 December 2011 08:05]

Re: Respond to item click in popup menu [message #870718 is a reply to message #770057] Wed, 09 May 2012 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohamed ahmed is currently offline mohamed ahmedFriend
hi,

i have 3 editors GMF. I've added an item to menu popup when right click on a node i want to create a new instance of a second editor i.e launch the plugin responsible of this editor.

Best regards

[Updated on: Wed, 09 May 2012 12:41]

Re: Respond to item click in popup menu [message #1851657 is a reply to message #769050] Tue, 12 April 2022 06:11 Go to previous message
Trupti Naik is currently offline Trupti NaikFriend
I am experiencing the same problem. On drag and drop the popup menu occurs but on clicking on the option the event for displaying a dialog box does not appear in front of the screen. Rather it appears behind the screen and is visible only after minimising all screens. Any solutions?
Previous Topic:Creating a custom auto-layout
Next Topic:bad certificate on eclipse repro server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:08:37 GMT 2024