Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Creating Radio Button Groups(How does one create a Radio Button group using WindowBuilder)
Creating Radio Button Groups [message #766883] Fri, 16 December 2011 15:42 Go to next message
Jeff Byrd is currently offline Jeff ByrdFriend
I'm a Window Builder Newbie and I cannot figure out how to create a group of radio buttons.

I'm using the Swing Data Binding Example found in Google Code. ( I'd post a link but the system won't let me.)

I'd like to add a simple Yes/No Radio button to the Person form.

The form is laid out using a GridBag layout.

I am not using the Pro Version of WindowBuilder.

I've searched on-line for an answer, But I haven't found anything. Maybe its so simple no one has blogged about it.

Thanks for any help.

-- Jeff
Re: Creating Radio Button Groups [message #766887 is a reply to message #766883] Fri, 16 December 2011 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
RTFM

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/components/button.html#radiobutton

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: Creating Radio Button Groups [message #766892 is a reply to message #766887] Fri, 16 December 2011 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow. Thanks! So Helpful!

If you read my post you would see that I was asking how to create a Radio Button Group using WindowBuilder.

Should have known that some senior member lurker would have flamed my first post WITHOUT EVEN READING IT.

Re: Creating Radio Button Groups [message #766897 is a reply to message #766892] Fri, 16 December 2011 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
No Message Body

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: Creating Radio Button Groups [message #766905 is a reply to message #766897] Fri, 16 December 2011 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perfect, Thanks!

That's exactly what I needed.

-- Jeff
Re: Creating Radio Button Groups [message #1470075 is a reply to message #766905] Wed, 12 November 2014 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie schindler is currently offline charlie schindlerFriend
i just tried as the screenshot showed, but i do not get this drop down menu.
I know in Nebula you have a widget, but in Nebula i cannot change the radio look to checkbox look
  • Attachment: Snap1.jpg
    (Size: 33.30KB, Downloaded 1369 times)
Re: Creating Radio Button Groups [message #1471309 is a reply to message #1470075] Thu, 13 November 2014 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
I'm not sure what you are trying to do or what you expect to see. You are piggybacking on a very old thread here.
Re: Creating Radio Button Groups [message #1471384 is a reply to message #1471309] Thu, 13 November 2014 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie schindler is currently offline charlie schindlerFriend
Hi Eric
Yeah I saw. I use nebula for the radio button group in mean time, works great so far.
Actually i tried to use a checkbox instead of radio button, only one of the checkboxes in a group can be used. checkbox should behave as radio button. it is a customer req, that he wants checkbox instead of radio button.
So far I did not manage to create a checkbox group in SWT and i really do not want to use AWT in SWT.
Found no snippets regarding this and hints only in Swing and AWT.
Re: Creating Radio Button Groups [message #1473574 is a reply to message #1471384] Fri, 14 November 2014 19:08 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
In SWT, radiobuttons automatically form a 1-of-m group within the same parent. Checkboxes are independent as expected. It sounds like you want chekcboxes that act like radiobuttons. You aren't going to get that by default in SWT (since that is not the expected platform behavior). You can do it easily enough by adding your own logic / event handlers.
Previous Topic:Break Points
Next Topic:RAP compatibility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:01:42 GMT 2024