Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Part of Selection table binding problem(Result is appending to target table rather than replacing.)
Part of Selection table binding problem [message #766315] Thu, 15 December 2011 14:48
Mark .Friend
Hi all,

I have set up two tables that are linked much the same as the phone book windowsbuilder example.

However, in my program when I click the source table the target table is populated as expected...the first time. If I select another row in the source table the rows I expect to see in the target table are appended. This means the table grows indefinitely! If I selected the same source row twice nothing happens, i.e., it doesn't append the same results to the target table again. It only happens when I selected a different row. Note, I can go back to the previous source row and it will append again.

I am restricted to SDK 3.5.2 due to the target OS being SLES9 and having out-dated GTK libs. This means the databinding libs are 1.2.0 and 1.3.1. Not sure if this is the root of the problem.

On a side note, I also have to update the table manual when the model is changed externally (the table actually has no ability to change the model, it's for display only). I do this successfully in other software that uses newer eclipse SDK's (3.6 upwards) so I guessed that was the databinding libs i'm restricted to on SLES9.

I've not put any code in as I think it may be a version problem or something that an expert will recognise straight away. If not, I can post more later, the code is completely generated by WindowBuilder anyway.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:How to show accel keys in menus (JFace Action)?
Next Topic:Eclipse docking framework
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:25:05 GMT 2024