Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » [solved] Java exit code 13 on RCP Application start(When starting an RCP application built on 32-bit Eclipse against 32-bit Java on 64-bit Windows 7, I get a Java exit code 13 on start.)
[solved] Java exit code 13 on RCP Application start [message #766164] Thu, 15 December 2011 09:59 Go to next message
Stephan Druskat is currently offline Stephan DruskatFriend

Dear All,

I am fairly new to Java, Eclipse and RCP.

I have set up a feature-based RCP application in Eclipse 3.7.1 (32-bit) against (correct term?) JDK 1.6_30 (32-bit) on Windows 7 (64-bit). I have included the RCP SDK (without the option "include required software") and the 3.7.1 Delta Pack in the target definition.

My packages include:
- core_plugin: Plugin Project from "Hello RCP" template, as RCP application making contributions to the UI and branding
- target-platform: General Project with the Target Definition, and a folder containing the Delta Pack
- core_feature: Feature Project referencing the core_plugin
- product: General Project with the Product Definition

When I export this as Eclipse Product, I get the attached error message on running the eclipse.exe file.

Originally I thought this might have something to do with running 32-bit Eclipse and 32-bit JDK on a 64-bit platform, but I was getting the same error message with everything installed in 64-bit as well. Perhaps my system was garbled/bloated (I had 2 32-bit JREs and 1 64-bit JRE on it, plus one JDK each, running 64-bit Eclipse)?

Are there any other explanations for this or will the 64-bit/32-bit problem be the cause of it?

Also, when running everything in 64-bit on a 64-bit platform, will I still be able to build 32-bit applications? I'm planning on building with Tycho, as I need Maven Dependencies...

Many thanks for your suggestions!
  • Attachment: Unbenannt.PNG
    (Size: 36.96KB, Downloaded 269 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 27 December 2011 13:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Java exit code 13 on RCP Application start [message #766912 is a reply to message #766164] Fri, 16 December 2011 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Btw, I have no problems launching the application from within Eclipse...

Please help!

[Updated on: Fri, 16 December 2011 16:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Java exit code 13 on RCP Application start [message #767087 is a reply to message #766912] Sat, 17 December 2011 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
You can build 32-bit on 64-bit, and vice-versa. The only complications come if you're trying to build C code or the like.

I'd suggest you get your Tycho build running. I find that Tycho is more stringent in having dependencies properly setup -- or put another way, it quickly reveals subtle problems that PDE somehow ignores.

Brian.
Re: Java exit code 13 on RCP Application start [message #771520 is a reply to message #767087] Tue, 27 December 2011 13:56 Go to previous message

Thanks Brian!

I managed to get the exported version running (it was a problem with the .product setup which I solved by creating a Product Configuration based on the automatically created .product for the plugin). I'm now busy with setting up Tycho, but will report problems if they occurr (which I don't hope they will Smile).

Thanks again!
Previous Topic:How do I specify which set of tabs a new view should be added to?
Next Topic:Adding a new command action
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:18:12 GMT 2024