Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Marquee vs Select all behavior
Marquee vs Select all behavior [message #766051] Thu, 15 December 2011 06:22 Go to next message
Patrick Talbot is currently offline Patrick TalbotFriend
Using the Marquee tool on all shapes doesn't result in the same kind of selection that happens with the 'Select All' command: ConnectionDecorator are not selected with the Marquee tool, but they are with the 'Select All' command.

This is rather inconsistent: either one or the other should be true in both cases.

Is that expected behavior? Should I file a bug for this?

Thanks,
-Patrick
Re: Marquee vs Select all behavior [message #766112 is a reply to message #766051] Thu, 15 December 2011 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Kaiser is currently offline Tim KaiserFriend
Hi,

can you check the behavior of plain gef editors?

Is it the same or does it differ from Graphiti?

Best, Tim
Re: Marquee vs Select all behavior [message #766349 is a reply to message #766112] Thu, 15 December 2011 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I can see in the ECore diagram editor (I suppose it's plain GEF), is that the 'Select All' command selects all Shapes and Connections (not ConnectionDecorators which is nice), and the Marquee does exactly the same.

I don't have any other plain GEF editors at hand.
Re: Marquee vs Select all behavior [message #766973 is a reply to message #766349] Fri, 16 December 2011 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rhett Hudson is currently offline Rhett HudsonFriend
Are your connections really being selected? I've never been able to get Graphiti to select my connections with the marquee unless I override my way down to a point where I can call setMarqueeBehavior(GFMarqueeSelectionTool.BEHAVIOR_NODES_AND_CONNECTIONS) on Graphiti's drag tracker.
Re: Marquee vs Select all behavior [message #767067 is a reply to message #766973] Sat, 17 December 2011 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, in the ECore diagram editor, Connections are selected, not in Graphiti.

But in Graphiti, the ConnectionDecorators are selected using the 'Select All' command, not with the Marquee tool...
Re: Marquee vs Select all behavior [message #778237 is a reply to message #767067] Wed, 11 January 2012 21:28 Go to previous message
Rhett Hudson is currently offline Rhett HudsonFriend
Along this same line, the getClickArea() method of ToolBehaviorProvider allows clicks across several GraphicsAlgorithms to be collapsed into the selection of one PictogramElement. But, dragging a marquee selection across the same object results in the selection of every active container shape in the hierarchy.
Previous Topic:Problem with overdrawing
Next Topic:Using meta-model ereferences for connections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:29:42 GMT 2024