Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example(It would be great to have a Graphiti example/tutorial with POJO Objects.)
Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #765844] Wed, 14 December 2011 18:59 Go to next message
Nikolai Raitsev is currently offline Nikolai RaitsevFriend
I am trying desperately to make a very simple example with POJO classes and Graphiti. (Based on the EMF tutorial in the documentation).

It looks to me that Graphiti can only work with EMF:(

I have two very simple Domain Objects: BusinessClass and Association.

public class BusinessClass {

private String name;

public String getName() {
		return name;
	}

public void setName(String name) {
		this.name = name;
	}

}

public class Association {

private BusinessClass fromClass;

private BusinessClass toClass;

private String name;

public BusinessClass getFromClass() {
		return fromClass;
	}

public void setFromClass(BusinessClass fromClass) {
		this.fromClass = fromClass;
	}

public BusinessClass getToClass() {
		return toClass;
	}

public void setToClass(BusinessClass toClass) {
		this.toClass = toClass;
	}

public String getName() {
		return name;
	}

public void setName(String name) {
		this.name = name;
	}

}

In the CreateBusinessClassFeature I have following code:

@Override
	public Object[] create(ICreateContext context) {
	// ask user for BusinessClass name
        String newClassName = ExampleUtil.askString(TITLE, USER_QUESTION, "");
        if (newClassName == null || newClassName.trim().length() == 0) {
            return EMPTY;
        }
        // create EClass
        BusinessClass newClass = new BusinessClass();
        // Add model element to resource.
        // We add the model element to the resource of the diagram for
        // simplicity's sake. Normally, a customer would use its own
        // model persistence layer for storing the business model separately.
//        getDiagram().eResource().getContents().add(newClass);
        newClass.setName(newClassName);

// do the add
        addGraphicalRepresentation(context, newClass);

// return newly created business object(s)
        return new Object[] { newClass };		
	}

If I start the Editor and create a new BusinessClass, then an exception happens:

java.lang.ClassCastException: test.graphiti.nonemf.domainmodel.BusinessClass cannot be cast to org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EObject
	at org.eclipse.graphiti.features.impl.AbstractFeatureProvider.link(AbstractFeatureProvider.java:668)
	at org.eclipse.graphiti.features.impl.AbstractFeature.addGraphicalRepresentation(AbstractFeature.java:108)
	at test.graphiti.nonemf.diagram.features.CreateBusinessClassFeature.create(CreateBusinessClassFeature.java:49)

The reason is that the linkage of the diagramm can only work with EObjects ...

EObject bo = (EObject) businessObjects[i]; // KABUMM!!

It is very frustrating for me, to create without prior knowledge a small and clear example.

So please, can someone help me create such an example with only pojo objects?

It would also help a lot for Graphiti distribution. The world is not just about EMF ...
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #766111 is a reply to message #765844] Thu, 15 December 2011 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Kaiser is currently offline Tim KaiserFriend
Hi Nikolai,

did your FeatureProvider supply an IndependenceSolver?

Best, Tim
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #766352 is a reply to message #766111] Thu, 15 December 2011 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Tim,

many thanks for that tip! Should it eventually be mentioned here: http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.graphiti.doc%2Fresources%2Fdocu%2Fgfw%2FNon-EMF+domain+objects.htm ?

My implementation now looks like this (first try, I'm happy, because I can draw after hours of despair a rectangle Smile

import org.eclipse.graphiti.features.impl.IIndependenceSolver;

public class POJOIndependenceSolver implements IIndependenceSolver {

private static Map<String, Object> objectMap = new HashMap<String, Object>();

@Override
	public String getKeyForBusinessObject(Object bo) {
		String result = null;
		if(bo != null) {
			result = String.valueOf(bo.hashCode());

if(!objectMap.containsKey(result))
				objectMap.put(result, bo);
		}
		return result;
	}

@Override
	public Object getBusinessObjectForKey(String key) {
		return objectMap.get(key);
	}

}

public class DiagramFeatureProvider extends DefaultFeatureProvider {

POJOIndependenceSolver pojoIndependenceSolver;

public DiagramFeatureProvider(IDiagramTypeProvider dtp) {
		super(dtp);
		pojoIndependenceSolver = new POJOIndependenceSolver();
		setIndependenceSolver(pojoIndependenceSolver);
	}

@Override
	public IAddFeature getAddFeature(IAddContext context) {
		// is object for add request a TermClass?
        if (context.getNewObject() instanceof BusinessClass) {
            return new AddBusinessClassFeature(this);
        }

return super.getAddFeature(context);
	}

@Override
	public ICreateFeature[] getCreateFeatures() {
		return new ICreateFeature[] { new CreateBusinessClassFeature(this) };
	}

}

I keep trying. I'll also post my further questions on this topic, if you don't mind.

Best regards,

Nikolai
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #809443 is a reply to message #766352] Tue, 28 February 2012 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After months of break, I have now found little bit of time to make this example "complete".

I can now save my own POJO's (non-EMF objects) with XStream in a "repository" file and when opening the editor, its load the objects from a "repository" file.

I think it is a good simple example of how to use Graphiti without EMF.

The project is attached and how to get it run, see the README.txt including in the project.

Best regards,

Nikolai

P.S.

surprising when one googling for "graphiti example with non emf" he will find this forum as the first entry...

[Updated on: Tue, 28 February 2012 22:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862635 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
richi arora is currently offline richi aroraFriend
Hi

Where can I find DomainModelChangeListener class as mentioned in graphiti help for non-emf models.

I want to achieve following:
drag a java class and drop on diagram editor.
I only want to use add feature of grahiti as for now
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862640 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi where can i find DomainModelChangeListener class as mentioned in graphiti help for using diagram editor for non-emf domain.
I want to drag drop any java class (pojos) in diagram editor and make associations.
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862652 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Where can I find DomainModelChangeListener class as mentioned in graphiti help for non-emf models.

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862653 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
hi where can i find DomainModelChangeListener class as mentioned in graphiti help for using diagram editor for non-emf domain.
I want to drag drop any java class (pojos) in diagram editor and make associations.
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862665 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862666 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862678 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862679 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862691 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862692 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862704 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862705 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862718 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862719 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862731 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862732 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862745 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862746 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862759 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862760 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862773 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862774 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862787 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862788 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862800 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862801 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862811 is a reply to message #765844] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #862812 is a reply to message #809443] Sun, 29 April 2012 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #865065 is a reply to message #862812] Mon, 30 April 2012 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
This listener only depends on the domain you are using, so in this case it
would be a listener to JDT. In general Graphiti relies on being notified
when any of the domain objects shown on a diagram changes; an according
update needs to be triggered then. Unfortunatly I'm not familiar with JDT to
know what exactly you would need to register.

Michael
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #865252 is a reply to message #865065] Mon, 30 April 2012 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How can I drag drop an custom class in diagram editor rather than adding from a pallete
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #868573 is a reply to message #865252] Wed, 02 May 2012 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's an example on how to do dupport drag&drop from the project explorer
in the tutorial. Did you have a look at that?

Michael
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #900268 is a reply to message #868573] Mon, 06 August 2012 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saniya Mirajkar is currently offline Saniya MirajkarFriend
Hi,

We are using the example attached in this post as a reference for creating graphical representations of non-EMF models.

In my case, I do not want to drag and drop the domain objects from pallete. I have an context menu action in the Jface tree-viewer.I want the graphical representation of the object to be added in the diagram editor on click of this particular action.

Any pointers around this?
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #900272 is a reply to message #900268] Mon, 06 August 2012 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I get it done in a follow way (with drag & drop): I have a TreeView with my custom, Non-EMF Objects and an editor. If I drag & drop an object from the TreeView into the editor, I create a new "Binding" with AddFeature to the diagram.

Unfortunately, my "Example" does not work anymore, after updating Graphiti to the 0.9x version. I need some time, to correct the code and test it. After that, I will upload it here.

Best regards,

Nikolai
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #900278 is a reply to message #900272] Mon, 06 August 2012 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my context menu action class I do the following to open up the editor.

final String diagramTypeId = "test.graphiti.nonemf.diagram.DiagramType";

final Diagram diagram = Graphiti.getPeCreateService()
					.createDiagram(diagramTypeId,
							"test.graphiti.nonemf.diagram.DiagramType", false);

final String editorID = NonEmfDiagramEditor.DIAGRAM_EDITOR_ID;

IFile diagramFile = project.getFile("Test" + "." + "diagram");

URI uri = URI.createPlatformResourceURI(diagramFile.getFullPath()
					.toString(), true);

TransactionalEditingDomain editingDomain = FileService
					.createEmfFileForDiagram(uri, diagram);
			String providerId = "test.graphiti.nonemf.diagram.DiagramTypeProvider";
			DiagramEditorInput editorInput = new DiagramEditorInput(
					EcoreUtil.getURI(diagram), editingDomain, providerId, true);

IDiagramTypeProvider dtyProvider = ExtensionManager.getSingleton()
					.createDiagramTypeProvider(providerId);

PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow()
					.getActivePage().openEditor(editorInput, editorID);
this.createExampleStructure(dtyProvider, editingDomain, diagram,
					doaminObject);

And in the createExampleStructure function, I call the Add feature for the domain object as follows:

private void createExampleStructure(final IDiagramTypeProvider ddtp,
			final TransactionalEditingDomain editingDomain,
			final Diagram diagram, DomainObject domainObject) {

int x = 20;
		int y = 20;

AddContext addcontext = new AddContext();
		IFeatureProvider featureprovider = ddtp.getFeatureProvider();

AddDomainClassFeature addFvFeature = new AddDomainClassFeature(
				featureprovider);

addcontext.setNewObject(domainObject);
		addcontext.setTargetContainer(diagram);

addcontext.setX(x);
		addcontext.setY(y);

if (addFvFeature.canAdd(addcontext)) {
			addFvFeature.add(addcontext);
		}

}

With this I get an Error "Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction"

Is this the right way to do or am I missing something?

[Updated on: Thu, 09 August 2012 09:11]

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #900315 is a reply to message #900272] Mon, 06 August 2012 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nikolai,

Can you please post the example.
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #900565 is a reply to message #900315] Tue, 07 August 2012 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Hemlata,

I have uploaded my example to github: https://github.com/kumarunster/phirea.public/tree/master/test.graphiti.nonemf

please check it out and look at two dnd-packages/classes (Drag/Drop-Listener).

Best regards,

Nikolai
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #900976 is a reply to message #900565] Thu, 09 August 2012 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Nikolai for the example.

I can now successfully add the rectangular shapes programmatically in my diagram editor.

In my case DiagramTypeProvider was not initialised properly since I open the editor programtically.

I now set the TransactionEditingDomain and the DiagramEditor that is created in above code to my DiagramTypeProvider. I use the following code to add the pictogram for the domainObject

AddContext addContext = new AddContext();
		addContext.setNewObject(domainObject);

addContext.setLocation(200, 300);
		addContext.setSize(100, 200);
		addContext.setTargetContainer(diagram);
		dtyProvider.getFeatureProvider()
				.addIfPossible(addContext);

It just works great now.

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #945725 is a reply to message #900976] Mon, 15 October 2012 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Heinemann is currently offline Lars HeinemannFriend

Using the attached project from this thread I am trying to get the properties view be filled with the properties of the current selection in the diagram but I am somehow unable to get it working. Tried to implement IPropertySource within the domain model objects but that doesn't seem to be enough. Any idea what I am missing here / what is required to get the properties view filled with the properties of the currently selected figure in the diagram?

thanks in advance,
Lars
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #947592 is a reply to message #945725] Wed, 17 October 2012 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars,

did you have a look into the tutorial? There is a section that deals with
registering tabbed property sheets. In the filter implementation you will
need to exchange the Graphiti link service (will work only for EObjects)
with the implementation you use to to link your POJO domain objects to the
pictogram elements.

Michael
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #974965 is a reply to message #947592] Wed, 07 November 2012 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ,

I use the example in this post as reference for creating Graphiti diagrams.The latest code that is posted on this thread works for me in version 0.9.1 perfectly.

I have recently migrated my code from version 0.8.2 to 0.9.1 with which my code does not seem to work.I am doing nothing different apart from replacing the code with appropriate API of 0.9.1.

I use the following code in my Action class to open the editor:

IWorkbenchPage page = PlatformUI.getWorkbench()
                    .getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActivePage();

final IEditorInput editorInput = RepositoryUtils.getEditorInput();

final DiagramTypeProvider dtyProvider = (DiagramTypeProvider) 
            ExtensionManager.getSingleton().createDiagramTypeProvider(
                            DIAGRAM_TYPE_PROVIDER_ID);

.createDiagram(DIAGRAM_TYPE, "Test Diagram",
                            false);

final TestDiagramEditor diagramEditor = new TestDiagramEditor();

dtyProvider.init(diagram, diagramEditor);

page.openEditor(editorInput,TestDiagramEditor.DIAGRAM_EDITOR_ID);

And the code for getEditorInput() of RepositoryUtils is as follows:

public static IEditorInput getEditorInput() throws Exception {

private final static String DIAGRAM_NAME = "NonEmf.diagramNonEmf";
        String diagramFileName = "";
        String dataFileName = "";

final IWorkspaceRoot root = ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace().getRoot();

IPath path = root.getLocation();
        dataFileName = path +  "/files/NonEmf.xml";
        diagramFileName = path +  "/files/NonEmf.diagramNonEmf";

final IProject project = root.getProject("files");

if (!project.exists()) {
               project.create(null);

}
           if (!(project.isOpen())) {
            project.open(null);
        }

IFile diagramFile = project.getFile(DIAGRAM_NAME);
        URI emfURI = URI.createURI(diagramFile.toString());

TestDiagramEditorInput result = null;

if (emfURI != null) {

URI diagramUri = emfURI.appendFragment("/0");

result = new TestDiagramEditorInput(diagramUri, null);
            result.setDataFileName(dataFileName);
            result.setDiagramFileName(diagramFileName);
        }
    return result;
    }
}

The same thing used to work for me for version 0.8.2. Now I do not get any error but the diagram file is not created and when I open the editor since there is no diagram file under the given path following message is shown on editor :"No Diagram found for URI 'L/files/NonEmf.diagramNonEmf#/0"

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2012 14:17]

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #981104 is a reply to message #974965] Mon, 12 November 2012 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nikolai,

I use your example as reference.I just need info on the way you use the xml files and diagram files .Initially do we need to create this files or they are created programatically ??
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #981570 is a reply to message #974965] Mon, 12 November 2012 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemlata,

it seems the storing of the file is missing. The editor will need a
persisted file containing the diagram to start. But I wonder why this could
have worked in 0.8, as this should have been a prerequisite there as well...

Michael
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #983820 is a reply to message #981570] Wed, 14 November 2012 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

Thanks for reply.Now that some how my editor comes up with a persisted file, I get Nullpointer errors for getEditDomain() when using "addIfPossible()" method.

I use the following code to add my object to diagram:

addContext.setNewObject(object);

addContext.setLocation(x, y);
        final PictogramElement pictogram =
              dtyProvider.getFeatureProvider().addIfPossible(addContext);

Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #985568 is a reply to message #983820] Thu, 15 November 2012 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Hemlata,

I am happy that my example has helped you.

In fact, the code from the example should be migrated to Graphiti version 0.9.x.

In the Github version of my example (https://github.com/kumarunster/phirea.public/tree/master/test.graphiti.nonemf) you can see the current state of the example, and it runs on 0.9 version of Graphiti, but unfortunately I cannot exactly say (on the fly), what you should change...

In the whole example I'm trying to show, how is it possible to use Graphiti based editors without EMF lock-in of the domain model. If you look at ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor you have a Tip, how to get the right EditorInput for your Graphiti-Editor.

About my case: In my application I have a datamodel, that is stored in a database and a lot of graphiti-xml-files, that are stored in a database too. The graphiti-xml's are all created programatically from some template-files, and all the referenced objects in that diagram files are drag-n-dropped from my "Repository". That files are copied, if a EditorInput is produced, in a Temp-Folder from my Application every time the new User-Session is started and a diagram is requested. On Save-Actions they are stored in the DB as BLOB.

If you have any questions, so feel free to ask me and look to the github version of my example!

Best regards,

Nikolai
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #985772 is a reply to message #985568] Fri, 16 November 2012 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nikolai,

Thanks for that valuable info.

I use the github version of your example which works well with Graphiti 0.9.1 as well.
I do get EditorInput for my Graphiti-Editor the way you get it in ApplicationWorkbenchWindowAdvisor.

In my case I do not want to persist graphiti related info in the database.Right now I am just trying to add the pictogram representation of the domain object to the diagram editor with version 0.9.1

I try to create my own Graphiti diagram as follows:

IWorkbenchPage page = PlatformUI.getWorkbench()
                    .getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActivePage();

IEditorInput input = RepositoryUtils.getEditorInput();

// Create the pictogram for selected Functional Variable

.createDiagram(DIAGRAM_TYPE, sourceVariable_.getName(),
                            false);
       DiagramEditor editor = new DiagramEditor();

final DiagramTypeProvider dtyProvider = (DiagramTypeProvider) ExtensionManager
                    .getSingleton().createDiagramTypeProvider(
                            DIAGRAM_TYPE_PROVIDER_ID);

dtyProvider.init(diagram, editor);

page.openEditor(input, DiagramEditor.DIAGRAM_EDITOR_ID);

With this blank graphical editor opens up.And now I try to add the buisness object to this diaram using following stuff:

addContext.setNewObject(object);

addContext.setLocation(200, 300);
            DiagramFeatureProvider fp = (DiagramFeatureProvider) dtyProvider
                    .getFeatureProvider();

AddFunctionalVariableFeature feature = (AddFunctionalVariableFeature)  
                     dtyProvider.getFeatureProvider().getAddFeature(addContext);

dtyProvider.getFeatureProvider().addIfPossible(addContext);

When using this ,internally it gives Nullpointer exception for getEditDomain() in addIfPossible method as follows:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:85)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:73)
    at org.eclipse.graphiti.ui.editor.DiagramEditor.executeFeature(DiagramEditor.java:1946)
    at org.eclipse.graphiti.features.impl.AbstractFeatureProvider.addIfPossible(AbstractFeatureProvider.java:331)

I suppose that is because my editor is not getting initialised properly.
On debugging I see that my Editor has no TransactionalEditingDomain.With version 0.8.2 I created my own TransactionalEditingDomain and passed that to constructor of DiagramEditor. But in version 0.9 there is no constructor which accepts TransactionalEditingDomain.

I am now stuck at point as how to add the pictogram on the diagram with the new version of Graphiti.
Re: Getting started with non EMF Domain Models, need an example [message #985810 is a reply to message #985772] Fri, 16 November 2012 09:07 Go to previous message
Hemlata,

in case the editing domain is the issue, that is indeed changed between 0.8
and 0.9: instead of passing a domain into the input (FWIW: which caused the
input object to be not as light-weight as it should be - that's the reason
why we removed it) you should now be able to create a special editing domain
in your own subclass of DefaultUpdateBehavior (override
DiagramEditor.createUpdateBehavior to hook in your own instance of that
class). DefaultUpdateBehavior offers a method createEditingDomain you could
override.

HTH,
Michael
Previous Topic:AddFeature (link element)
Next Topic:Create graphical elements by create new diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:17:35 GMT 2024