Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » jsp Text Editor in Indigo(There is no color-code or ctrl_space in the text editor for jsp)
jsp Text Editor in Indigo [message #765356] Tue, 13 December 2011 22:36 Go to next message
chinmay  is currently offline chinmay Friend
Hi Forum,

I have recently downloaded eclipse 3.7 - Indigo.

When I open my project jsp files in the editor, I see that its plain file with no color code, and also ctrl+space doesn't work. Its really difficult developing jsps.

My old eclipse version - 3.2 - has better looks in jsp, with color code, ctrl+space and proper formatting.

Can anyone here, please let me know how do I get the same style of coding/developing in Indigo (version 3.7)? Any plugins if at all? or any links?

Thanks!Chinmay
Re: jsp Text Editor in Indigo [message #765362 is a reply to message #765356] Tue, 13 December 2011 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Which Indigo package did you download? The JSP Editor only comes in the Java EE and BIRT packages by default. You can still add it from the Help menu, though.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: jsp Text Editor in Indigo [message #765390 is a reply to message #765362] Wed, 14 December 2011 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nitin,

I downloaded Indigo (eclipse 3.7) classic for 32bit.

Can you please tell me how do I add in from help menu? Should be a plugin? if so, what is the plugin name?

Thanks for replying..

Thanks!Chinmay
Re: jsp Text Editor in Indigo [message #765869 is a reply to message #765390] Wed, 14 December 2011 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Sandonato is currently offline Nick SandonatoFriend
Hi Chinmay,

With Eclipse Classic, go to Help > Install New Software.... In the Work with: dropdown, pick Indigo - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo. After some time, the features will be populated. Find the group Web, XML, Java EE and OSGi Enterprise Development. Under that, you should find Eclipse Java Web Developer Tools. That's what you should need at bare minimum to use the JSP editor. You may want to grab Eclipse Java EE Developer Tools, as well. Then just progress through the wizard.
Re: jsp Text Editor in Indigo [message #765977 is a reply to message #765869] Thu, 15 December 2011 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Nick. This is really cool!!

Perfecto.

--Chinmay
Re: jsp Text Editor in Indigo [message #769287 is a reply to message #765977] Wed, 21 December 2011 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
td williams is currently offline td williamsFriend
I'm having similar issues with eclipse indigo. I'm working on existing rather large project. I've installed the Web Tools plug in, but when I Ctrl-Shift-F to format my jsp file, javascript tags on the page are jumbled to a very broken state.

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
	function moveWindow () {
		var myAnchor = '<%=pageAnchor%>';
		if(myAnchor.indexOf('null')!=-1 ) {
			window.location.hash=" ";
			return;
		}
		window.location.hash="<%=pageAnchor%>";
		}
</script>

becomes:
	<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScr
		function moveWindow() {
			var myAncho
	r = '<%=pageAnc
		hor%>';
			if (myAnchor.indexOf('null') != -1) {
				window.location.hash = " ";
				return;
			}
			window.location.h
	ash="<%=pageAnc
		hor%>";
			}
</script>

What am I missing? Is there a way to configure the formatter with WTP? These files formatted fine in Galileo.
Re: jsp Text Editor in Indigo [message #769356 is a reply to message #769287] Wed, 21 December 2011 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

On 12/21/2011 1:27 PM, td williams wrote:
> I'm having similar issues with eclipse indigo.

It does not sound like a similar issue, but it does sound like bug 358545.

http://bugs.eclipse.org/361553
http://bugs.eclipse.org/358545

It will be addressed in SR2.

---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing and JSDT
IBM Rational

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: jsp Text Editor in Indigo [message #769392 is a reply to message #769356] Thu, 22 December 2011 00:18 Go to previous message
td williams is currently offline td williamsFriend
thanks for the info Nitin! It does sound like bug 358545. When can we expect SR2?
Previous Topic:unable to run the project on webserver
Next Topic:JSPX formatting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:34:41 GMT 2024