Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Maven repository
Maven repository [message #765321] Tue, 13 December 2011 20:43 Go to next message
Matthijs  is currently offline Matthijs Friend
The support for maven artefacts has improved a lot, but I feel it is still incomplete. Would it be possible to release all xtext related artefacts in the maven eclipse repo?

E.g. the xtext generator is not available in the maven eclipse repo. I think it has been there for a few days, but it has been removed. See the folder http://maven.eclipse.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/eclipse/xtext/org.eclipse.xtext.generator/ which contains three empty subfolders.

A benefit of having all artefacts in the maven repo is that we can make proper maven builds for the grammar and the generators and move away from maven tycho, which is not very reliable in our build environment.

Regards
Matthijs
Re: Maven repository [message #765334 is a reply to message #765321] Tue, 13 December 2011 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend

Hi Matthijs,
> Would it be possible to release all xtext related artefacts in the maven eclipse repo?
It's also require that eclipse platform artifacts are released somewhere, but they are not, at least not as public group (there are some old artifacts in the /testing repo under maven.e.o).
> I think it has been there for a few days, but it has been removed.
You are right, we removed all the artifacts because of some nexus misfunction / misconfiguration on maven.e.o, which cause the whole public repository became corrupt.
> move away from maven tycho, which is not very reliable in our build environment.
Good plan! ... oh, you mean move from Tycho to plain maven, I see...
We can't promote to maven.e.o yet, it's currently not even clear how the nexus structure should like (see discussions in mailing lists and bugzilla). We also can't release to maven central repository, because it doesn't make sense without all the eclipse platform dependencies.

Regards,
Dennis.

+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Re: Maven repository [message #765563 is a reply to message #765334] Wed, 14 December 2011 10:01 Go to previous message
Matthijs  is currently offline Matthijs Friend
Hi Dennis

I have already upgraded part of my maven build to use artefacts from maven.eclipse. Because the artefacts have been removed from nexus, my build will soon start to fail.

Are there plans in the near future to release xtext artefacts in the maven repo?

A possible workaround for me is to upload the xtext artefacts in the corporate nexus repo. Maybe I should do that instead.

Matthijs
Previous Topic:[Xtext 2.2] Editor does not work out of the box
Next Topic:Where is Guava?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:34:41 GMT 2024