Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » separate console view for each run configuration
separate console view for each run configuration [message #764549] Mon, 12 December 2011 12:16 Go to next message
hegewald is currently offline hegewaldFriend
Hi all,
I am new to Eclipse and have a beginners question: I am running several programmes at the same time (i.e. developing a client/server style programme) and would like to automatically show the output of each programme in a separate console. Currently I have managed to open multiple console views, but I always have to assign which console shows which output *after* the programmes have been launched. Currently if I launch the first programme, all console views show its output simultaneously.

Many TIA,
-- Jan
Re: separate console view for each run configuration [message #764635 is a reply to message #764549] Mon, 12 December 2011 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Rennie is currently offline Michael RennieFriend
Currently there is only the notion of 'allocating a console' for a launch - which as you already found out does not tie a specific console to a specific launch. If you are concerned about capturing the output for each launch, you could have each launch write to a file. To do this go to the common tab of each launch and enter the file location to write to.
Re: separate console view for each run configuration [message #764666 is a reply to message #764635] Mon, 12 December 2011 16:13 Go to previous message
hegewald is currently offline hegewaldFriend
Many thanks for your answer.

Michael Rennie wrote on Mon, 12 December 2011 10:10
Currently there is only the notion of 'allocating a console' for a launch - which as you already found out does not tie a specific console to a specific launch.

Bummer )-:

Michael Rennie wrote on Mon, 12 December 2011 10:10
If you are concerned about capturing the output for each launch, you could have each launch write to a file.

No, I just want to see all the output of all running programmes at the same time. Also I do not like mousing around to select the programme for each of the console views.

Cheers,
-- Jan
Previous Topic:SWT Install
Next Topic:Upgrading to 3.7.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:33:41 GMT 2024