Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Qualified Name to a custom scope(attr.attr.attr)
Qualified Name to a custom scope [message #764108] Sun, 11 December 2011 11:24 Go to next message
Moritz   is currently offline Moritz Friend
Hi,

I am stuck with the qualified name provider. Can someone help me with the right approach for the following?

I try to address an attribute with a path notation as shown in the following example. When using the default behaviour, the FQN only allows me to reference the attributes statical like A.a or B.r; but what I want is to use the scope of the attribute path.

entity A {
	attr a
}

entity B {
	attr a
	attr r : A
}

entity C {
	attr r : B

set r = 3	// works
	set r.a = 4	// ?
	set r.r.a = 5	// ?
}

Here is the grammar for this example.

Model:
	(entities += Entity)*;

Entity:
	'entity' name = ID '{'
		(attributes += Attribute)*
		(settings += Setting)*
	'}';

Attribute:
	'attr' name = ID (':' type = [Entity])?;

Setting:
	'set' attributePath = [Attribute|FQN] '=' value = INT;
//	'set' path += [Attribute] ('.' path += [Attribute])* '=' value = INT; // Alternative approach

FQN:
	ID ('.' ID)*;

When the attribute path has a fixed length, the path-sensitive scoping works great with a custom scope provider.
To allow a path of arbitrary length, I also tried to use attributePath+=[Attribute]*, but when the ScopeProvider is asked for the next scope, I don't know which path element is currently visited. The FQN approach only lets me choose the static qualified names...

Can someone help me here, please?

Best Regards,
Moritz
Re: Qualified Name to a custom scope [message #764124 is a reply to message #764108] Sun, 11 December 2011 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

one basic idea to solv such a problem is described here http://dslmeinte.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/path-expressions-in-entity-models/

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Qualified Name to a custom scope [message #764194 is a reply to message #764124] Sun, 11 December 2011 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moritz   is currently offline Moritz Friend
Hi,

ok, this looks like Meinte wrote this article just to anticipate an explanation for what seems to be exactly my question + sample. Somehow it didn't came to my mind that "xtext path expression" are already the correct search terms. @Meinte, I googled for "xtext qualified name scope" instead.

Thank you very much, Christian

Best regards
Moritz

P.S. For future readers: There is a link to an updated Post at the end of the article

[Updated on: Sun, 11 December 2011 16:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Qualified Name to a custom scope [message #764512 is a reply to message #764194] Mon, 12 December 2011 10:33 Go to previous message
Meinte Boersma is currently offline Meinte BoersmaFriend
@Christian: thanks for plugging my posts! Smile (Saves me from shamelessly having to do so Wink)

Previous Topic:Strange errors when using several model files
Next Topic:Trouble with semantic highlighting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:09:15 GMT 2024