Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » [Xtext 2.2] Editor does not work out of the box
[Xtext 2.2] Editor does not work out of the box [message #763501] Fri, 09 December 2011 21:45 Go to next message
Alex Ruiz is currently offline Alex RuizFriend
Greetings,

Today I tried to run my editor with Xtext 2.2 (it works with Xtext 2.1.1) and the editor fails to launch.

The stacktrace is:

rg.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: No editor descriptor for id com.google.eclipse.protobuf.Protobuf
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:601)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibleEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:271)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.setVisibleEditor(EditorManager.java:1459)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$5.runWithException(EditorManager.java:972)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3563)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3212)
	at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$33.runWithException(Workbench.java:1595)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3563)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3212)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

I also get the error "'Buiding workspace' has encountered a problem". Details:

Errors occurred during the build.
Error instantiating builder 'org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.xtextBuilder'.
Plug-in org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared was unable to load class org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.internal.ExecutableExtensionFactory.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared (4396).
Plug-in org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared was unable to load class org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.internal.ExecutableExtensionFactory.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared (4396).

Also, when I start Eclipse, I get the following errors on the console:

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.internal.Activator for bundle org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared is invalid
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:679)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:299)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
	... 28 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/inject/AbstractModule
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:601)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:567)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:490)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:478)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:458)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:476)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2406)
	at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2716)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:343)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:325)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:166)

I have installed Xtext 2.2 but it seems that Guice is missing.

I haven't had the chance to look for the source of the error yet, but I thought it may be worth reporting it.

I'll be looking into this in more detail. I'll update this thread if I find anything useful.

Cheers,
-Alex
Re: [Xtext 2.2] Editor does not work out of the box [message #764445 is a reply to message #763501] Mon, 12 December 2011 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
Hi Alex,

how did you install Xtext? We upgraded to Guice 3.0 and it should be
installed together with the Xtext SDK if you use the p2 update manager.
Unfortunately Guice is not part of the *.zip file that is available for
download. Did you use that one?

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

Am 09.12.11 22:45, schrieb Alex Ruiz:
> Greetings,
>
> Today I tried to run my editor with Xtext 2.2 (it works with Xtext
> 2.1.1) and the editor fails to launch.
>
> The stacktrace is:
>
>
> rg.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: No editor descriptor for id
> com.google.eclipse.protobuf.Protobuf
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:601)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibleEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:271)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.setVisibleEditor(EditorManager.java:1459)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$5.runWithException(EditorManager.java:972)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
>
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)
>
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3563)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3212)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$33.runWithException(Workbench.java:1595)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
>
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)
>
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3563)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3212)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
>
>
> I also get the error "'Buiding workspace' has encountered a problem".
> Details:
>
>
> Errors occurred during the build.
> Error instantiating builder 'org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.xtextBuilder'.
> Plug-in org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared was unable to load class
> org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.internal.ExecutableExtensionFactory.
> An error occurred while automatically activating bundle
> org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared (4396).
>
>
> Also, when I start Eclipse, I get the following errors on the console:
>
>
> Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator
> org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared.internal.Activator for bundle
> org.eclipse.xtext.ui.shared is invalid
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:171)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:679)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:299)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:268)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
>
> ... 28 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/inject/AbstractModule
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:601)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:567)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:490)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:478)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:458)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:476)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
>
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
> at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
> at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2406)
> at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2716)
> at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:343)
> at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:325)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:166)
>
>
>
> I have installed Xtext 2.2 but it seems that Guice is missing.
>
> I haven't had the chance to look for the source of the error yet, but I
> thought it may be worth reporting it.
>
> I'll be looking into this in more detail. I'll update this thread if I
> find anything useful.
>
> Cheers,
> -Alex
Re: [Xtext 2.2] Editor does not work out of the box [message #764615 is a reply to message #764445] Mon, 12 December 2011 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Ruiz is currently offline Alex RuizFriend
Hi Sebastian,

Thank you so much for the reply. I previously installed 2.1.1 using the update site http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/composite/releases/. A few days later Eclipse notified me of the 2.2 update. I updated to the latest version through the update manager.

I'm going to give it a try on another machine as soon as I get to the office.

Cheers,
-Alex
Re: [Xtext 2.2] Editor does not work out of the box [message #765143 is a reply to message #764615] Tue, 13 December 2011 13:57 Go to previous message
rjarana Missing name is currently offline rjarana Missing nameFriend
Same problem here, I have updated the plug-in from Update Manager of Eclipse and now can't get this to work. It doesn't found Guice, but is in "Plug-in Dependencies" the 3.0 jar.
Previous Topic:log info from FeatureCallCompiler
Next Topic:Maven repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:22:45 GMT 2024