Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Discrepancy in the tutorial??
Discrepancy in the tutorial?? [message #763065] Fri, 09 December 2011 04:52 Go to next message
Bob NIcholson is currently offline Bob NIcholsonFriend
EDT:Tutorial: RUI With DataBase Lesson 2

Create the PaymentService project

The tutorial clearly says to set up the service to use the java generator.

However, when I had a problem, the solution was to go back and change the properties to use the JavaScript generator.

Is this an error in the tutorial or am I missing something?

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2011 05:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Discrepancy in the tutorial?? [message #763180 is a reply to message #763065] Fri, 09 December 2011 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob NIcholson is currently offline Bob NIcholsonFriend
I think I've resolved this. I think the tutorial is correct for creating the service. But, I think the tutorial may have the wrong image where it is instructing how to create the PaymentFileMaintenance handler. I think it should show selecting the Web 2.0 application with services as well as stating so in the instructions where it current says "basis". I think that may be a typo. Maybe someone can correct me, if I'm wrong.

Thanks, Bob
Re: Discrepancy in the tutorial?? [message #763234 is a reply to message #763180] Fri, 09 December 2011 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
Bob,

I think the part 'Use the EGL SQL retrieve feature to create a Record type' in http://wiki.eclipse.org/EDT:Tutorial:_RUI_With_DataBase_Lesson_3 attached a wrong screen-shot. The record PAYMENT should be created in PaymentShared project, so that you don't need to change the settings of service project. From the description for the projects, since the record will be used in both handler & service, then the PAYMENT should be created in PaymentShared.

I'll check with author see if this is the problem.

Rocky
Re: Discrepancy in the tutorial?? [message #763328 is a reply to message #763065] Fri, 09 December 2011 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Margolis is currently offline Ben MargolisFriend
Thanks, Rocky. In Paul's absence, I'll try this out and make whatever correction is appropriate.
Re: Discrepancy in the tutorial?? [message #764735 is a reply to message #763328] Mon, 12 December 2011 19:13 Go to previous message
Paul Hoffman is currently offline Paul HoffmanFriend
Rocky is correct.

The paymentRec definition needs to be created in the PaymentShared project so that it will be generated for both Java and JavaScript environments.

The tutorial has been updated.

Previous Topic:Possible Suggestions for Tools
Next Topic:[Solved] Language elements not supported in EDT - Called Program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:04:56 GMT 2024