Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Mylyn Connector for ReqIF
Mylyn Connector for ReqIF [message #762796] Thu, 08 December 2011 16:22 Go to next message
Benjamin Muskalla is currently offline Benjamin MuskallaFriend
Hi there,

congratulations on being an Eclipse.org project!

What I wondered about: Are there any plans or even prototypes of a Mylyn connector? Given the same background (requirements are not more then tasks), I wondered if anybody yet had some thoughts on this topic.

Best Regards,
Benjamin
Re: Mylyn Connector for ReqIF [message #762976 is a reply to message #762796] Thu, 08 December 2011 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Graf is currently offline Andreas GrafFriend
Hi Benjamin,

we have been thinking about this. However, right now there is no scheduled implementation yet.

Andreas
Re: Mylyn Connector for ReqIF [message #874695 is a reply to message #762976] Mon, 21 May 2012 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terence Miller is currently offline Terence MillerFriend

Uhm, thats sad!

Why shall RMF/ReqIF/Pror sucessfull if it this step ends in tool lifecycle instead making it into the coder's work list (task repository)
Requirement to Task shall be n:n Mapping and shal be a standard link type in Reqirement Model, allowinf to link existing tasks to an requirment and create new tasks from requiremt. Tracibility from requiremt to task to code to test case is one of the most needed feature. Mylyn Task repositories mostly can do task and code linking. If Requiremts not part of mylyn managmante then they shall al least be easy linkable to the corresponding taks in later steps.
Re: Mylyn Connector for ReqIF [message #875139 is a reply to message #874695] Tue, 22 May 2012 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Terence,

I agree that this could be interesting and useful, but right now we do not have the resources to do this. Do you have Eclipse programming experience? If you attempt this, we'll do our best to support you.

Best,

- Michael
Re: Mylyn Connector for ReqIF [message #886398 is a reply to message #875139] Thu, 14 June 2012 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a commment, with respect to traceability, itemis will provide a traceability tool as an Open source project, probably during this year.
Re: Mylyn Connector for ReqIF [message #904808 is a reply to message #886398] Wed, 29 August 2012 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terence Miller is currently offline Terence MillerFriend

Any news on thta itemis project? What's up in Pforzheim Wink
Re: Mylyn Connector for ReqIF [message #904813 is a reply to message #904808] Wed, 29 August 2012 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Terence,

Don't expect anything any time soon - this is not even on the roadmap. Smile

If this is really important to you, there are two options: (1) Get involved and do it yourself - we'll do our best to support you! (2) Pay somebody to do it - my organization could help you with this, I am sure there are others as well. If interested, please contact me via email (michael@jastram.de).

Best,

- Michael
Re: Mylyn Connector for ReqIF [message #906061 is a reply to message #904808] Fri, 31 August 2012 14:41 Go to previous message
Terence Mising name wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 03:35
Any news on thta itemis project? What's up in Pforzheim Wink

You will here more about the traceability project before the end of the year Smile
Some preview can be seen here: http://www.guersoy.net/knowledge/crema

There is not much going on in Pforzheim - we have moved the office to Stuttgart almost two years ago Smile

Andreas
Previous Topic:Need Suggestions For a Good Formal Requirements Tool
Next Topic:Internationalizing ProR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:46:04 GMT 2024