Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Plug-ins are not installed properly
Plug-ins are not installed properly [message #762778] Thu, 08 December 2011 16:03
Cedric Moonen is currently offline Cedric MoonenFriend
Hello,

I create a feature containing a couple of plug-ins (5) that I developed and I also created an update site for this feature.

I got a strange problem when I try to install those plug-ins in in a separate environment: only 3 of them are listed in the installed plug-ins within Eclipse.

I've been doing some modifications on these plug-ins (like renaming them and modifying the Id), so these could be a reason.

But my point was: all of my plug-ins are in the plug-ins directory (with the current version), they are also all listed in the artifacts.xml file and in the bundles.info file in the "\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator" folder.

My question was: how is it possible that they are not listed in the installed plug-ins within Eclipse ?
Is there also a way to "clean" my installation so that all the information about the update sites is cleaned ? I already tried to delete the cache folder in "p2\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository" but it doesn't solve my problem.
Previous Topic:Error when updating RCP application feature.
Next Topic:Build p2 update site metadata without any Eclipse installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:10:13 GMT 2024