Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » EGit checkout does not set execute bit correctly
EGit checkout does not set execute bit correctly [message #762192] Wed, 07 December 2011 17:12 Go to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
A simple problem. This is on Linux.

If I clone my Git respository using the git command line, one of the files has the execute bit set for everyone. That's what I expect.

If I clone my Git respository using Eclipse IDE (EGit), that file has the execute bit set for the owner only. That's wrong.

A search of bugzilla and the web shows various apparently-related bugs, but only for Windows, and all several years old. I'm running Indigo SR2.

Can anyone comment on this? Should I be opening a new bugzilla?

Thanks
Matthew

Re: EGit checkout does not set execute bit correctly [message #763743 is a reply to message #762192] Sat, 10 December 2011 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Matthew Webber skrev 2011-12-07 18.12:
> A simple problem. This is on Linux.
>
> If I clone my Git respository using the git command line, one of the files has the execute bit set for everyone. That's what I expect.
>
> If I clone my Git respository using Eclipse IDE (EGit), that file has the execute bit set for the owner only. That's wrong.
>
> A search of bugzilla and the web shows various apparently-related bugs, but only for Windows, and all several years old. I'm running Indigo SR2.
>
> Can anyone comment on this? Should I be opening a new bugzilla?

This is due to the limitations of the Java 6 API. Java 7 has the capability, I think,
but there is no code yet. That would only work for Java 7 users, but thats better than
not-at-all. Please open a bug.

-- robin
Re: EGit checkout does not set execute bit correctly [message #764489 is a reply to message #763743] Mon, 12 December 2011 09:38 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
Done. Added as https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=366366
Matthew
Previous Topic:support for lightweight tags?
Next Topic:Converting cloned project to a Java project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:18:53 GMT 2024