Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Confused about org.eclipse.jsch.core.IPasswordStore
Confused about org.eclipse.jsch.core.IPasswordStore [message #762138] Wed, 07 December 2011 15:51 Go to next message
Tom Quarendon is currently offline Tom QuarendonFriend
Firstly, if there's a more appropriate forum, please let me know. I searched for a while, but couldn't find anything more specific.

I'm a bit confused about the purpose of org.eclipse.jsch.core.IPasswordStore.

When you make an SSH connection through JSCH it will cache the password via this interface, however I can find no implementations of this interface, nor can I work out what one would do. IPasswordStore doesn't have a query interface so it is obviously intended that it be an interface to a cache that the SSH client manages in some way. As far as I can tell the base com.jcraft.jsch code doesn't have anything I can interact with, doesn't have a "keyring" in which I can store the cached password.

Is this part of an as yet unfinished piece of work?

Otherwise, what am I missing?

The purpose of my asking is that I'd like some way of caching passwords to avoid having to enter them into the logon dialog box, but so far I've been unable to work out whether the org.eclipse.jsch.core code attempts to allow for this or not, and if so how I go about it. I'm not even convinced that I could replace the whole WorkbenchUserAuthenticator class to use some other mechanism myself, but I will do that as a last resort I think.

Any help would be much appreciated.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2011 15:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Confused about org.eclipse.jsch.core.IPasswordStore [message #767726 is a reply to message #762138] Sun, 18 December 2011 19:42 Go to previous message
Tomasz Zarna is currently offline Tomasz ZarnaFriend
Tom Quarendon wrote on Wed, 07 December 2011 16:51
Firstly, if there's a more appropriate forum, please let me know.

You can try asking the same question on a JSch forum. Atsuhiko is the best guy to ask questions about JSch.

Cheers,
Tomasz
Previous Topic:Common Navigator Framework - show standard menu items
Next Topic:Java Model Exception: Core Exception [code 4] Problems encountered while moving resources.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:27:00 GMT 2024