Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Disable plugins through ini file
Disable plugins through ini file [message #761839] Wed, 07 December 2011 06:46 Go to next message
Markus Bischof is currently offline Markus BischofFriend
Hi there!

I am wondering if I can disable plugins (or complete features) through the eclipse.ini or any other configuration file, so that these plugins/features are not loaded on startup.

Something like:
[...]
--ignoreBundles
org.eclipse.epp.usagedata.gathering
org.eclipse.epp.usagedata.recording
[...]

We don't like to manually uncheck the plugins in the Preferences->General->Startup and Shutdown window.

Markus

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2011 06:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Disable plugins through ini file [message #774607 is a reply to message #761839] Wed, 04 January 2012 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Bischof is currently offline Markus BischofFriend
Hi!

I found the solution:

The file eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info contains all plugins that are loaded on startup. I just removed the bundles we don't like. The seems to work!

Markus
Re: Disable plugins through ini file [message #774735 is a reply to message #774607] Wed, 04 January 2012 13:55 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Just a note, that's a file generated by p2 and the director and the profile for that installation. Changing it can prevent further software updates or be overridden (and added back) on the next update.

If you have a complete install, you can use the director to remove those 2 bundles from the p2 profile (which will remove them from the bundles.info) ... assuming the profile will allow it. See http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_director.html

PW

Previous Topic:How do I load multiple version of same plugin
Next Topic:Disabling 'Class File Editor' showing up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:18:28 GMT 2024