Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » 'Install the Job' has encountered a problem [Export Wizard]
'Install the Job' has encountered a problem [Export Wizard] [message #761567] Tue, 06 December 2011 17:08 Go to next message
John Guerson is currently offline John GuersonFriend
Hi,

When I try to export my plugin (Export wizard in plugin.xml overview),
installing it in the host (repository) of the eclipse,
I got the following error, right before finished the installation:

'Job Install' has encountered a problem
Could not find the exported unit with id: xx.xxxxx.xxx.xxxx (my plugin name) version 1.0.0.201112061209 "

does anyone know how to solve it?
Or maybe i need to be more specific...

Regards,
John
Re: 'Install the Job' has encountered a problem [Export Wizard] [message #765185 is a reply to message #761567] Tue, 13 December 2011 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peter.degregorio is currently offline peter.degregorioFriend
Hello, I was recently getting the same error in Eclipse EE 3.6 Helios running on Mac OS X and that led me to find your post. Trying again, repeatedly would sometimes work but the problem seemed to get worse. I upgraded to Eclipse EE 3.7 Indigo and except for one time the install succeeded. I don't know the cause and I'm not sure of the correction but that is what worked for me. Eclipse 3.7 also works for me installing plugins in Windows.
-- Peter
Re: 'Install the Job' has encountered a problem [Export Wizard] [message #765286 is a reply to message #765185] Tue, 13 December 2011 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peter.degregorio is currently offline peter.degregorioFriend
Hello again ... On a different PC running Eclipse EE 3.6 Helios I started getting the install error. I tried deleting the entire contents of the directory the deploy goes to .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/install and that worked too. (Might have had to restart Eclipse).
HTH
Re: 'Install the Job' has encountered a problem [Export Wizard] [message #1790141 is a reply to message #765286] Tue, 05 June 2018 22:03 Go to previous message
Scott Willis is currently offline Scott WillisFriend
Same in Eclipse Oxygen. Restarting Eclipse before running the Export Wizard worked for me.
Previous Topic:Is this the newsgroup for PDE
Next Topic:New CDT Wizard does not close
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:47:36 GMT 2024