Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Can Java and BIRT use same Oracle database session connection(Can Java and BIRT use same Oracle database session connection)
Can Java and BIRT use same Oracle database session connection [message #761510] Tue, 06 December 2011 15:02 Go to next message
Moorthy  is currently offline Moorthy Friend
I am new bie to BIRT.

We are using Eclipse with JPA for the front end GUI and BIRT for creating reports with connection to Oracle database.

Presently from Java we are inserting some records into a Oracle table and we do not want to commit the session.(the data will be in the table only for this session)

Is it possible to create a report using BIRT with the uncommited data entered in the Java session?

Or in other words..

Is it possible to make Java and BIRT share the same database connection session. Java will insert some records into the table in the session without commiting and BIRT should create the report with datas inserted by the Java.

Kindly help me.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Re: Can Java and BIRT use same Oracle database session connection [message #761531 is a reply to message #761510] Tue, 06 December 2011 15:51 Go to previous message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

I'm part of a project running over Apache Tomcat, where the application exposes the JVM through JNDI and the BIRT report picks up the data connection through that avenue.

However, the technical details of that are outside my skill set; you'll have to talk to someone else about how to implement JNDI so you can use that approach.

Richard
Previous Topic:Problem when starting birt platform (migrating to birt 3.7)
Next Topic:Specifying the number of rows per page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:09:14 GMT 2024