Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » Problem with Linuxtool installation(unable to install linuxtool as instructed in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/PluginInstallHelp)
Problem with Linuxtool installation [message #761353] Tue, 06 December 2011 10:39 Go to next message
Sahar  is currently offline Sahar Friend
I faced a problem in the installation of LinuxTool. I am on Ubuntu Lucid 10.04. I wrote the following repository in "install new software" dialog box:

Eclipse Linux Tools p2 Repository (Incubation) - http:://download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update

and then selected "Linux Tools". But I got this error:

Software being installed: Profile Framework (Incubation) 0.9.0.201111050234 (org.eclipse.linuxtools.profiling.feature.group 0.9.0.201111050234)
Missing requirement: Profile Framework (Incubation) 0.9.0.201111050234 (org.eclipse.linuxtools.profiling.feature.group 0.9.0.201111050234) requires 'org.eclipse.cdt.feature.group 7.0.0' but it could not be found

To understand which packages make this error, I unselected all packages under "Linux Tool" and tried to install them one by one. Out of 15 packages in LinuxTools, the installation of the following packages were unsuccessful:

ChangeLog Management Tools (Incubation)
LTTng - Linux Tracing Toolkit (Incubation)
OProfile Integration (Incubation)
Profile Framework (Incubation)
RPM Import/Export and Building Tool (Incubation)
Valgrind Tools Integration (Incubation)

I wonder what are the prerequisites for "linux tools". I have already installed cdt for running my cpp codes and also "Test and Performance Tools Project" (tptp). But I found tptp unuseful for profiling my c++ codes, then I decided to install linuxtools to have valgrind integrated in eclipse. I will appreciate any help, I've spent much time on this problem, yet unresolved.

Re: Problem with Linuxtool installation [message #761514 is a reply to message #761353] Tue, 06 December 2011 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chiques Missing name is currently offline chiques Missing nameFriend
I have the same problem.

Since I haven't posted 5 times it won't let me post the URL to my thread. You can search for ' Error While Installing CDT for Indigo' in this forum.

Re: Problem with Linuxtool installation [message #762170 is a reply to message #761514] Wed, 07 December 2011 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sahar  is currently offline Sahar Friend
Actually I'm in Galileo version, not Indigo. I wonder maybe that makes the problem. I didn't see in linuxtools any incompatibility warning regarding Galileo.
Re: Problem with Linuxtool installation [message #762826 is a reply to message #762170] Thu, 08 December 2011 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Severin Gehwolf is currently offline Severin GehwolfFriend
Gallileo is likely not working with latest Linux Tools. Are you able to reproduce the problem with Eclipse 3.6.1 (i.e. Indigo SR1)?
Re: Problem with Linuxtool installation [message #770114 is a reply to message #762826] Fri, 23 December 2011 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alan Missing name is currently offline Alan Missing nameFriend
Hi, I am also unable to install the linux tools on galileo, is there a compatible version that I can use?

I'm using the download location: download.eclipse.org/technology/linuxtools/update

and getting the following error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: LTTng - Linux Tracing Toolkit (Incubation) 0.4.0.201111050234 (org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.feature.group 0.4.0.201111050234)
Missing requirement: LTTng - Linux Tracing Toolkit (Incubation) 0.4.0.201111050234 (org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.feature.group 0.4.0.201111050234) requires 'org.eclipse.rse.services 3.2.100' but it could not be found

Hope there is a solution so I can use them without upgrading eclipse version
Regards
Re: Problem with Linuxtool installation [message #770542 is a reply to message #770114] Sat, 24 December 2011 15:41 Go to previous message
Francois Chouinard is currently offline Francois ChouinardFriend
Hi,

The version of LTTng you are trying to install has a dependency on RSE (Remote System Explorer) to access and control the tracer - the LTTng tracer tool itself. This feature was introduced with Indigo and, if I remember well, was also working for Helios.

You could try to install RSE 3.2 before updating the Linux Tools but I'm not sure it is compatible with Galileo. You should be able to find RSE under Target Management (TM) which was still a sub-project of DSDP in the Galileo days (it is now under Tools).

If I may ask: Is there any reason not to upgrade to Indigo?

Regards,
/fc
Previous Topic:Syntax error in editor [wrong], but make succeeds [correct]
Next Topic:Problem with OPofiler in Ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:12:47 GMT 2024