Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to force re-build of external jar on run of android app?
How to force re-build of external jar on run of android app? [message #760940] Mon, 05 December 2011 16:35 Go to next message
IZ  is currently offline IZ Friend
This might be a fairly general Eclipse question but since I've run into some Android-related specifics in my development before, I am asking my question here. I am fairly new to both Android dev and Eclipse so I suspect this q might be fairly basic.

I have an Android project (let's call it pA) that depends on an external JAR exported in a regular Java project (let's call it pE). Right now, when I change something in pE's source and then want to run the pA app, I follow these steps:

1. Modify source in pE
2. Delete its existing JAR
3. Export pE
4. Do a refresh of pA
5. Run/debug pA

I am probably doing extra work here. What's the easiest way to force a re-build/re-export of pE when I run/debug pA? Can I do steps #2-4 automatically by performing a single operation within pA?

Thanks!
Re: How to force re-build of external jar on run of android app? [message #761440 is a reply to message #760940] Tue, 06 December 2011 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
I don't know if it will be different with Android development, but with normal java projects, one generally adds the pE project as a dependency of pA and that should work.
Re: How to force re-build of external jar on run of android app? [message #761497 is a reply to message #761440] Tue, 06 December 2011 14:52 Go to previous message
IZ  is currently offline IZ Friend
Satyam Kandula wrote on Tue, 06 December 2011 08:31
I don't know if it will be different with Android development, but with normal java projects, one generally adds the pE project as a dependency of pA and that should work.

I tried that by going to Properties of pA -> Project references and checking pE. However, when I tried to run pA, I got this:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added...
Conversion to Dalvik format failed with error 1

Any idea why?

Thx

Previous Topic:Improving Deployment Processes in Hudson CI and Jenkins
Next Topic:Access to ActionBarAdvisor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:55:37 GMT 2024