Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Unable to see EGL Web Project
Unable to see EGL Web Project [message #760745] Mon, 05 December 2011 03:03 Go to next message
jan  is currently offline jan Friend
Eclipse -> New -> Project -> EGL -> EGL Project.

I am unable to see EGL Web Project.
How come?

Thanks!
Re: Unable to see EGL Web Project [message #760746 is a reply to message #760745] Mon, 05 December 2011 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
Web project (JSF) is currently not supported in EDT, now general EGL Java project & RUI project are supported in the EDT.
Re: Unable to see EGL Web Project [message #760758 is a reply to message #760745] Mon, 05 December 2011 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony Chen is currently offline Tony ChenFriend
It's great that you have got through the installation. I would suggest you start with the "Hello world(example)" project template which shows a simple Rich UI project. Then you may create your own project for more interesting stuff.

"Web 2.0 client application with services" project template is configured with most out of box features. You can write services and programs in the "server" package, Rich UI handlers in the "client" package, and Records in the "common" package.

-Tony

Re: Unable to see EGL Web Project [message #760808 is a reply to message #760758] Mon, 05 December 2011 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jan  is currently offline jan Friend
Thanks so much for replying me. I think I am like completely lost. Any tutorial on how to incorporate DOJO into my eclipse?
Re: Unable to see EGL Web Project [message #762943 is a reply to message #760808] Thu, 08 December 2011 20:58 Go to previous message
Theresa Ramsey is currently offline Theresa RamseyFriend
Hi Jan,
Once you create an EGL project using either of the Web 2.0 project templates (or the Hello World template), the Dojo widgets (org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo) and the Standard widgets and utilities (org.eclipse.edt.rui.widgets) projects should be loaded into your workspace. As you are going through the New EGL Project wizard, you should see a page for Library settings where these projects are listed. (There is no need to separately load the Dojo toolkit into your workspace.)

For more advanced folks -- If you want to use a remote implementation of Dojo, select "0.7.0 (Dojo 1.6.1 Remote)" from the Version column on the Dojo widgets row of the Library list. Note, the remote Dojo requires an Internet connection and a Google API key to be inserted into the /WebContent/config/includeDojo.html file of the org.eclipse.edt.rui.dojo.remote project.

The project's EGL build path (under Properties) will be automatically set to depend on the library projects selected.

Hope this helps!
Theresa

Previous Topic:How to create a EGL RUI in web application?
Next Topic:Data Perspective and others missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:42:32 GMT 2024