Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » GWT Designer - no more handles(Get error when try to open Design for GWT project)
GWT Designer - no more handles [message #760559] Fri, 02 December 2011 21:28 Go to next message
Mark Lorenz is currently offline Mark LorenzFriend
I created a new Google Web Application Project for GWT 2.4.0. I am using the GWT plugin in Eclipse 3.6.2 on Windows 7 Pro.

I can view the source for the projectName.java file that is generated by opening with the WindowBuilder editor, but when I select the Design tab below the code I get "Designer [1.2.0.r36x201110191514.201112021544]: No more handles" every time.

This is pretty much an empty workspace with nothing going on. Can anyone help?!

Here is the full stack trace:

GWT Designer encountered unexpected internal error.
This could be caused by a GWT Designer bug or by a misconfiguration issue, conflict, partial
update, etc.
org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4109)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3998)
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3969)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.IE.create(IE.java:265)
at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Browser.java:119)
at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.ie.BrowserShellIE.<init>(BrowserShellIE.java:65)
at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.ie.BrowserShellFactory.create(BrowserShellFactory.java:28)
at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.hosted.tdt.HostedModeSupport.createBrowserShell(HostedModeSupport.java:311)
at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.hosted.tdt.HostedModeSupport.<init>(HostedModeSupport.java:88)
at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.hosted.tdt.HostedModeSupportFactory.create(HostedModeSupportFactory.java:33)
at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.model.widgets.support.GwtState.getHostedModeSupport(GwtState.java:939)
at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.model.widgets.support.GwtState.initialize0(GwtState.java:228)
at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.model.widgets.support.GwtState.initialize(GwtState.java:204)
Re: GWT Designer - no more handles [message #760666 is a reply to message #760559] Sun, 04 December 2011 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
An SWT "No more handles" would typically not have anything to do with GWT Designer. That is a global Eclipse problem. What happens if you restart Eclipse or reboot your machine?

It would also be useful to see the entire error report and not just a stack trace fragment. You should also make sure that the WindowBuilder > GWT > Use WebKit option is turned on. It should not be using IE under Windows 7.
Re: GWT Designer - no more handles [message #760935 is a reply to message #760666] Mon, 05 December 2011 16:22 Go to previous message
Mark Lorenz is currently offline Mark LorenzFriend
Thanks for the reply Eric. I'm attaching the report zip.

I have looked at the USER OBJECTS for Eclipse (403) and javaw (27). Neither are large, given that something like 10,000 is the limit according to what I've read.

This is really strange - all I have is a minimal GWT project and tried to open the design view... Argh
Previous Topic:Newbie question
Next Topic:Store preferences permanently
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:48:35 GMT 2024