Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Localization issue with selection choices(When a parameter is created in a library, selection choices cant be localized)
Localization issue with selection choices [message #760553] Fri, 02 December 2011 20:03 Go to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
Hi,

I create cross-report parameters in a common rptlibrary. So far so good, everything works fine except localization: i have an issue with selection choices, for instance a radio buttons static list, localization keys are ignored. It only wants to display "display text" field. Prompts and helptext localization work correctly in a library, it only relates to selection choices, and it works fine if parameters are created in reports.

This problem happens both in WebViewer and a custom application.

So did anyone succeed to make parameters' localization work in a rptlibrary? Is it a known issue or should i log a bugzilla case?

thanks!

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2011 20:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Localization issue with selection choices [message #760577 is a reply to message #760553] Sat, 03 December 2011 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

If this is the latest version of BIRT can you open a bugzilla entry for
this?

Jason

On 12/2/2011 3:03 PM, dpardon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I create cross-report parameters in a common rptlibrary. So far so good,
> everything works fine except localization: i have an issue with
> selection choices, for instance a radio buttons static list,
> localization keys are ignored. It only wants to display "display text"
> field. Prompts and helptext localization work correctly in a library, it
> only relates to selection choices, and it works fine if parameters are
> created in reports.
> So did anyone succeed to make parameters' localization work in a
> rptlibrary? Is it a known issue or should i log a bugzilla case?
>
> thanks!
Re: Localization issue with selection choices [message #760603 is a reply to message #760577] Sat, 03 December 2011 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

I use 3.7.1, i think i found why it doesn't work in my context: since parameter is created in a library, the related resource properties file is only added to rptlibrary, not to rptdesign. During the report running, it seems Birt is looking for localization keys only in the report resource files, whereas library resources are just ignored. I suppose resources should be merged when a report uses a rptlibrary? Of course we could manually add libraries properties file to every related reports, bit it doesnt appear to be a very maintainable option.

Since i dont know what is the expected behavior in this kind of context, i didn't still log a bugzilla entry.

I join a simple example wich highlights this case.

Thanks

[Updated on: Sat, 03 December 2011 12:03]

Re: Localization issue with selection choices [message #760751 is a reply to message #760603] Mon, 05 December 2011 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Go ahead and open a bugzilla entry for this.

Jason

On 12/3/2011 6:56 AM, dpardon wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I use 3.7.1, i think i found why it doesn't work in my context: since parameter is created in a library, the related resource properties is only added to rptlibrary, not to rptdesign. During the report running, it seems Birt is looking for localization keys only in the report resource files, whereas library resources are just ignored. I suppose resources should be merged when a report uses a rptlibrary? Of course we could manually add libraries properties file to every related reports, bit it doesnt appear to be a very maintainable option.
>
> Since i dont know what is the expected behavior, i didn't still log a bugzilla entry.
>
> I join a simple example wich highlights this case.
>
> Thanks
Re: Localization issue with selection choices [message #760823 is a reply to message #760553] Mon, 05 December 2011 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 05 December 2011 11:47]

Re: Localization issue with selection choices [message #760825 is a reply to message #760553] Mon, 05 December 2011 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is logged as bug 365562
Re: Localization issue with selection choices [message #760991 is a reply to message #760825] Mon, 05 December 2011 18:51 Go to previous message

Thanks for logging this entry.

Jason

On 12/5/2011 6:47 AM, dpardon wrote:
> this is logged as https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=365562
Previous Topic:Poor quality of chart when exporting to PDF/Word
Next Topic:what is the system id of the report design?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:56:24 GMT 2024