Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Error when updating RCP application feature.
Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #760546] Fri, 02 December 2011 19:19 Go to next message
Nicolas  is currently offline Nicolas Friend
Hi, i have a RCP application crated with Indogo and P2 Enabled.

Excepto that I can't see the menu, automatica updates detect new version and invite me to update.

But when looks like is finishing this error shows :

An error occurred while uninstalling
session context was:(profile=profile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall, operand=[R]ar.com.cse.balanza.core.product_root.win32.win32.x86 1.0.0 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction).
Backup of file C:\Temp\Deploys\AgroTrackerBalanzaProduct-1.0.0\ejecutable\jre\lib\charsets.jar failed.
File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: C:\Temp\Deploys\AgroTrackerBalanzaProduct-1.0.0\ejecutable\jre\lib\charsets.jar

The error tell me that something happend in the "uninstalling process", so something should happend before !?!

I attached last log file.
I'm running the application windows 7, but something similar foudn on windows xp.

Any idea of what is wrong ?

• Attachment: .log
    (Size: 49.66KB, Downloaded 288 times)
Re: Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #760850 is a reply to message #760546] Mon, 05 December 2011 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik LindbergFriend
Cleanupzip is the reverse of an unzip. (I.e. remove what was unzipped).
The content that was unzipped is recorded when unzipping, and the
cleanupzip picks up this information and performs a delete.

All file operations are backed up - old content is moved to a safe place
before being overwritten or deleted. This is done to perform rollback in
case of failure.

The error you have tells you that the file "charsets.jar" could not be
deleted from its original location. Since you are on windows, it is
probably "in use" - did you have it open in some other program?

As with many other issues with Windows - try rebooting and then run the
(un)install again. This will tell you if some other (possibly crashed
process) held a handle to the file.

Have you written custom install instructions?

Regards
- henrik

On 2011-02-12 20:19, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi, i have a RCP application crated with Indogo and P2 Enabled.
>
> Excepto that I can't see the menu, automatica updates detect new version and invite me to update.
>
> But when looks like is finishing this error shows :
>
>
> An error occurred while uninstalling
> session context was:(profile=profile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall, operand=[R]ar.com.cse.balanza.core.product_root.win32.win32.x86 1.0.0 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction).
> Backup of file C:\Temp\Deploys\AgroTrackerBalanzaProduct-1.0.0\ejecutable\jre\lib\charsets.jar failed.
> File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: C:\Temp\Deploys\AgroTrackerBalanzaProduct-1.0.0\ejecutable\jre\lib\charsets.jar
>
>
>
> The error tell me that something happend in the "uninstalling process", so something should happend before !?!
>
> I attached last log file.
> I'm running the application windows 7, but something similar foudn on windows xp.
>
> Any idea of what is wrong ?
>
>
>
Re: Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #761120 is a reply to message #760850] Mon, 05 December 2011 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, thanks for the replay.

No, no custom instalation.

Just the default from RCP.

Can I replace manually some jar file , instead ?

Best Regards
Re: Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #761165 is a reply to message #761120] Tue, 06 December 2011 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who wrote the RCP app (or rather who provides the functionality that
contains the jar that is giving you trouble) - the installation of that
may have special instructions, and they may not be correct.

If the jar file is held open by the application itself. You can try
closing the app, and instead use the p2 director to install/uninstall in
your application.

Did you try to close the app, reboot and then try again? Same result?

- henrik

On 2011-06-12 24:26, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the replay.
>
> No, no custom instalation.
>
> Just the default from RCP.
>
> Can I replace manually some jar file , instead ?
>
> Best Regards
>
Re: Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #761479 is a reply to message #761165] Tue, 06 December 2011 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ,
Quote:
Who wrote the RCP app (or rather who provides the functionality that
contains the jar that is giving you trouble) - the installation of that
may have special instructions, and they may not be correct.

The application is writen by me.
So, to enable updates, I just follow steps in several tutorials, as Ralf elber and Lars Vogela.
So, all the process of updating and installing is all p2.

Quote:
If the jar file is held open by the application itself. You can try
closing the app, and instead use the p2 director to install/uninstall in
your application.

I think that this is the problem, the same application is using jar file,
What is the "p2 director" ? How to use it? is this user friendly ?

Quote:
Did you try to close the app, reboot and then try again? Same result?

No, not yet, besides that I reboot PC every night, but that PC is also the development PC.
Because I'm not in that machine right now, i'll try later.

Another question is, why do the process fail if the file is not mandatory for my Application, I mean that charset.jar is not part of the core of my application. Maybe the p2/equinox process should avoid errors on that fase.

I want to notice that the updated files were downloaded sucessfully, i can see ar.com.cse.balanza.1.0.1 jar files under plugin folder, along with the file ar.com.cse.balanza.1.0.0, but when I start the aplication it allways use or see only 1.0.0 version.
I try manually replacing the launcher, but it allways load 1.0.0 version.
What file is where is stored what bundle or jar file should be loaded ??

Best Regards

Re: Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #761504 is a reply to message #761479] Tue, 06 December 2011 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 2011-06-12 15:26, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi ,
> Quote:
>> Who wrote the RCP app (or rather who provides the functionality that
>> contains the jar that is giving you trouble) - the installation of
>> that may have special instructions, and they may not be correct.
>
>
> The application is writen by me.
> So, to enable updates, I just follow steps in several tutorials, as Ralf
> elber and Lars Vogela.
> So, all the process of updating and installing is all p2.
>
"all p2" can mean a lot of things - do you have p2.inf instructions?

> Quote:
>> If the jar file is held open by the application itself. You can try
>> closing the app, and instead use the p2 director to install/uninstall
>> in your application.
>
> I think that this is the problem, the same application is using jar file,
> What is the "p2 director" ? How to use it? is this user friendly ?
>
>
The p2 director is a command line way of invoking p2. It is available
inside the IDE and can be run from the command line. It is also packaged
as a separate application. Google for p2 director.

> Quote:
>> Did you try to close the app, reboot and then try again? Same result?
>
> No, not yet, besides that I reboot PC every night, but that PC is also
> the development PC.
> Because I'm not in that machine right now, i'll try later.
>
ok, it is kind of important if the problem is a one-off oddity caused by
a file having been opened and not released, or if it is a problem in the
p2 installation. There is no way on windows to guarantee that files can
be moved/deleted without a reboot.

>
> Another question is, why do the process fail if the file is not
> mandatory for my Application, I mean that charset.jar is not part of the
> core of my application. Maybe the p2/equinox process should avoid errors
> on that fase.
>
p2 does what it has been told to do, so maybe this is an update of that
jar (i.e. removing the old, and adding the new) - I have no idea.

> I want to notice that the updated files were downloaded sucessfully, i
> can see ar.com.cse.balanza.1.0.1 jar files under plugin folder, along
> with the file ar.com.cse.balanza.1.0.0, but when I start the aplication
> it allways use or see only 1.0.0 version.
> I try manually replacing the launcher, but it allways load 1.0.0 version.
> What file is where is stored what bundle or jar file should be loaded ??

Changing things manually is a sure way to disaster.

Start by rebooting your windows machine.

- henrik
Re: Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #762061 is a reply to message #761504] Wed, 07 December 2011 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, well I'm on the delepment machine again.

And I run the update again, with the same error.

this is a snippet of the ".log" file that i found in <appfolder>\workspace\.metadata
!SESSION 2011-12-07 13:37:31.622 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.5.0_06
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=es_ES
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient 4 0 2011-12-07 13:37:49.900
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status[plugin=org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient;code=4;message=Warning: Platform proxy API not available;severity2;exception=java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/net/proxy/IProxyService;children=[]]
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/net/proxy/IProxyService
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.setupProxies(HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.java:427)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:888)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:576)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.sendRetrieveRequest(MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.sendRetrieveRequest(FileReader.java:349)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.readInto(FileReader.java:295)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:130)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadIndexFile(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:721)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:640)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:96)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatechecker.UpdateChecker.getAvailableRepositories(UpdateChecker.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatechecker.UpdateChecker.checkForUpdates(UpdateChecker.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatechecker.UpdateChecker$UpdateCheckThread.run(UpdateChecker.java:72)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient 4 0 2011-12-07 13:37:50.274
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status[plugin=org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient;code=4;message=Warning: Platform proxy API not available;severity2;exception=java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/net/proxy/IProxyService;children=[]]
!STACK 0
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.setupProxies(HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.java:167)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.runRequest(HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.java:187)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.browse.AbstractFileSystemBrowser$DirectoryJob.run(AbstractFileSystemBrowser.java:69)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient 4 0 2011-12-07 13:40:51.904
!STACK 0
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.setupProxies(HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.java:427)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:888)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:576)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.sendRetrieveRequest(MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.sendRetrieveRequest(FileReader.java:349)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.readInto(FileReader.java:295)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:130)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadIndexFile(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:721)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:640)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(ArtifactRepositoryManager.java:100)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(ArtifactRepositoryManager.java:96)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.ProvisioningContext.getLoadedArtifactRepositories(ProvisioningContext.java:160)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.ProvisioningContext.getArtifactRepositories(ProvisioningContext.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Sizing.completePhase(Sizing.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.postPerform(Phase.java:216)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:44)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.ProvUI.getSize(ProvUI.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.dialogs.SizeComputingWizardPage$1.run(SizeComputingWizardPage.java:63)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient 4 0 2011-12-07 13:40:52.788
!STACK 0
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.setupProxies(HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.java:167)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.runRequest(HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.java:187)
	at org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.browse.AbstractFileSystemBrowser$DirectoryJob.run(AbstractFileSystemBrowser.java:69)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 4 2011-12-07 13:41:22.523
!MESSAGE An error occurred while uninstalling
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2011-12-07 13:41:22.524
!MESSAGE session context was:(profile=profile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall, operand=[R]ar.com.cse.balanza.core.product_root.win32.win32.x86 1.0.0 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction).
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives 4 0 2011-12-07 13:41:22.524
!MESSAGE Backup of file C:\Temp\Deploys\AgroTrackerBalanzaProduct-1.0.0\ejecutable\jre\lib\charsets.jar failed.
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: C:\Temp\Deploys\AgroTrackerBalanzaProduct-1.0.0\ejecutable\jre\lib\charsets.jar
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.BackupStore.moveToBackup(BackupStore.java:274)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.BackupStore.backup(BackupStore.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.LazyBackupStore.backup(LazyBackupStore.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction.cleanupzip(CleanupzipAction.java:85)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction.execute(CleanupzipAction.java:30)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ParameterizedProvisioningAction.execute(ParameterizedProvisioningAction.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.mainPerform(Phase.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:44)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProvisioningSession.performProvisioningPlan(ProvisioningSession.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProfileModificationJob.runModal(ProfileModificationJob.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProvisioningJob.run(ProvisioningJob.java:177)

Regarding P2 inf,
Quote:
do you have p2.inf instructions?

I have this in the p2.inf file
instructions.configure=\
	  addRepository(type:0,location:http${#58}//www.codigosudeste.com.ar/balanza-updates);\
	  addRepository(type:1,location:http${#58}//www.codigosudeste.com.ar/balanza-updates);

So, I'm stucked with this. I will love if p2 have som parameter to activate more detailed debug.

I'll google for p2 director to see if that can help me.
Best Regards

Re: Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #762107 is a reply to message #762061] Wed, 07 December 2011 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, I downloaded p2 director from :
http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/downloads.html using link to director_latest.zip, and unziped in c:\director
after running this command:
c:\director\director>director 
-consoleLog 
-r http://www.codigosudeste.com.ar/balanza-updates 
-d C:\Temp\Deploys\AgroTrackerBalanzaProduct-1.0.0\ejecutable 
-i ar.com.cse.balanza.core 
-verifyOnly

I see that P2 found a dependency issue:
Installing ar.com.cse.balanza.core 1.0.1.
Installation failed.
Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
 Software being installed: AgroTracker Balanza 1.0.1 (ar.com.cse.balanza.core 1.0.1)
 Software currently installed: AgroTracker Balanza 1.0.0 (ar.com.cse.balanza.core.product 1.0.0)
 Only one of the following can be installed at once:
  AgroTracker Balanza 1.0.0 (ar.com.cse.balanza.core 1.0.0)
  AgroTracker Balanza 1.0.1 (ar.com.cse.balanza.core 1.0.1)
 Cannot satisfy dependency:
  From: AgroTracker_Balanza_Feature 1.0.0 (AgroTracker_Balanza_Feature.feature.group 1.0.0)
  To: ar.com.cse.balanza.core [1.0.0]
 Cannot satisfy dependency:
  From: AgroTracker Balanza 1.0.0 (ar.com.cse.balanza.core.product 1.0.0)
  To: AgroTracker_Balanza_Feature.feature.group [1.0.0]

I'm confused because feature and core product, should be sincronized !
Even more, in the application About menu, I can see that the application is using AgroTracker_Balanza_Feature version 1.0.0, but when I click on the configuration tab, under features section, I see another thing:
*** Features:
AgroTracker_Balanza_Feature (1.0.1) "AgroTracker Balanza" [b]why ????, should be 1.0.0[/b]
org.eclipse.rcp (3.7.1.r37x_v20110729-9DB5FmNFnFLSFCtLxnRfMqt15A4A) "Eclipse RCP"

*** Plug-in Registry:
ar.com.cse.balanza.core (1.0.0) "AgroTracker Balanza" [Active][b]this is OK ![/b]
ar.com.cse.cseagro.libraries (1.1.0) "AgroTracker Libraries" [Resolved]
com.ibm.icu (4.4.2.v20110208) "International Components for Unicode for Java (ICU4J)" [Active]

Looks like the p2 install the feature, but not the plugin.
I look for some "force" parameter in p2 director, but I don't see anything like that.

Any suggestion ?

Best Regards
Re: Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #762115 is a reply to message #762061] Wed, 07 December 2011 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The errors you are posting suggest that there are things missing in your
RCP app's configuration (related to handling proxies) - I am no expert
on proxies though...

Your p2.inf instructions are harmless (just adds repositories).

I noticed one thing, is "ejecutable" a spelling error?

Try to catch the p2 experts on the scheduled IRC chat:

Pascal posted:
"You have beginner or experienced-level questions about equinox or p2?
You want to contribute to equinox or p2? Just want to chat with us? Join
us on our weekly office hours every Tuesday at 1pm EST on the
#equinox-dev channel on IRC (http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC).During these
meetings equinox and p2 committers, contributors and aficionados will
answer questions on any topic you come up with."

Regards
- henrik

On 2011-07-12 14:52, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi, well I'm on the delepment machine again.
>
> And I run the update again, with the same error.
>
> this is a snippet of the ".log" file that i found in
> <appfolder>\workspace\.metadata
> !SESSION 2011-12-07 13:37:31.622
> -----------------------------------------------
> eclipse.buildId=unknown
> java.version=1.5.0_06
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=es_ES
> Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient 4 0 2011-12-07
> 13:37:49.900
> !MESSAGE
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status[plugin=org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient;code=4;message=Warning:
> Platform proxy API not
> available;severity2;exception=java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/eclipse/core/net/proxy/IProxyService;children=[]]
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/net/proxy/IProxyService
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.setupProxies(HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.java:427)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:888)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:576)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.sendRetrieveRequest(MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.java:106)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.sendRetrieveRequest(FileReader.java:349)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.readInto(FileReader.java:295)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:80)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:130)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadIndexFile(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:721)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:640)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:96)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:92)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatechecker.UpdateChecker.getAvailableRepositories(UpdateChecker.java:150)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatechecker.UpdateChecker.checkForUpdates(UpdateChecker.java:128)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatechecker.UpdateChecker$UpdateCheckThread.run(UpdateChecker.java:72)
>
>
> 13:37:50.274
> !MESSAGE
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status[plugin=org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient;code=4;message=Warning:
> Platform proxy API not
> !STACK 0
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.setupProxies(HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.java:167)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.runRequest(HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.java:187)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.browse.AbstractFileSystemBrowser$DirectoryJob.run(AbstractFileSystemBrowser.java:69)
>
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
>
> 13:40:51.904
> !MESSAGE
> Platform proxy API not
> !STACK 0
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.setupProxies(HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer.java:427)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:888)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.sendRetrieveRequest(AbstractRetrieveFileTransfer.java:576)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.retrieve.MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.sendRetrieveRequest(MultiProtocolRetrieveAdapter.java:106)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.sendRetrieveRequest(FileReader.java:349)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.FileReader.readInto(FileReader.java:295)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:80)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.RepositoryTransport.download(RepositoryTransport.java:130)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadIndexFile(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:721)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.loadRepository(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:640)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(ArtifactRepositoryManager.java:100)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(ArtifactRepositoryManager.java:96)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.ProvisioningContext.getLoadedArtifactRepositories(ProvisioningContext.java:160)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.ProvisioningContext.getArtifactRepositories(ProvisioningContext.java:143)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Sizing.completePhase(Sizing.java:91)
>
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.postPerform(Phase.java:216)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:84)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:75)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:44)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.ProvUI.getSize(ProvUI.java:230)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.dialogs.SizeComputingWizardPage$1.run(SizeComputingWizardPage.java:63)
>
>
> 13:40:52.788
> !MESSAGE
> Platform proxy API not
> !STACK 0
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.setupProxies(HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.java:167)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient.HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.runRequest(HttpClientFileSystemBrowser.java:187)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.browse.AbstractFileSystemBrowser$DirectoryJob.run(AbstractFileSystemBrowser.java:69)
>
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 4 2011-12-07 13:41:22.523
> !MESSAGE An error occurred while uninstalling
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2011-12-07 13:41:22.524
> !MESSAGE session context was:(profile=profile,
> phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall,
> operand=[R]ar.com.cse.balanza.core.product_root.win32.win32.x86 1.0.0
> --> null,
> action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction).
>
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives 4 0 2011-12-07
> 13:41:22.524
> !MESSAGE Backup of file
> C:\Temp\Deploys\AgroTrackerBalanzaProduct-1.0.0\ejecutable\jre\lib\charsets.jar
> failed.
> !STACK 0
> java.io.IOException: File that was copied to backup could not be
> deleted:
> C:\Temp\Deploys\AgroTrackerBalanzaProduct-1.0.0\ejecutable\jre\lib\charsets.jar
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.BackupStore.moveToBackup(BackupStore.java:274)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.BackupStore.backup(BackupStore.java:243)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.LazyBackupStore.backup(LazyBackupStore.java:36)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction.cleanupzip(CleanupzipAction.java:85)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction.execute(CleanupzipAction.java:30)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ParameterizedProvisioningAction.execute(ParameterizedProvisioningAction.java:35)
>
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.mainPerform(Phase.java:149)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:78)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:75)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:44)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProvisioningSession.performProvisioningPlan(ProvisioningSession.java:174)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProfileModificationJob.runModal(ProfileModificationJob.java:79)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProvisioningJob.run(ProvisioningJob.java:177)
>
>
>
> Regarding P2 inf,
> Quote:
>> do you have p2.inf instructions?
>
> I have this in the p2.inf file
> instructions.configure=\
> addRepository(type:0,location:http${#58}//www.codigosudeste.com.ar/balanza-updates);\
>
> addRepository(type:1,location:http${#58}//www.codigosudeste.com.ar/balanza-updates);
>
>
> So, I'm stucked with this. I will love if p2 have som parameter to
> activate more detailed debug.
>
> I'll google for p2 director to see if that can help me.
> Best Regards
>
>
>
>
>
Re: Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #762190 is a reply to message #762115] Wed, 07 December 2011 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Henrik,
Quote:
I noticed one thing, is "ejecutable" a spelling error?

no, I'm Argentine, so I'm latin-american languaje based

As you can see in my other post, P2/Equinox found a dependency issue.
Two things to tell p2 people:
1) i didn't see that error until I install and run p2 Director
2) I need a "force" option !!

I'll join IRC channel as soon as I can !

Best ragards
Nicolas
Re: Error when updating RCP application feature. [message #762369 is a reply to message #762107] Thu, 08 December 2011 00:11 Go to previous message
There is a difference between an install and and update. You may recall
when you are doing this in the ui, and try to install something that is
already installed, it is turned into an "update" request instead.

Not sure about the options to tell the director to update (if it has
that or if you are required to do a remove and an install) - look at the
options.

- henrik

On 2011-07-12 16:04, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi, I downloaded p2 director from :
> http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/downloads.html using link to
> director_latest.zip, and unziped in c:\director
> after running this command:
>
> c:\director\director>director -consoleLog -r
> http://www.codigosudeste.com.ar/balanza-updates -d
> C:\Temp\Deploys\AgroTrackerBalanzaProduct-1.0.0\ejecutable -i
> ar.com.cse.balanza.core -verifyOnly
>
>
> I see that P2 found a dependency issue:
>
> Installing ar.com.cse.balanza.core 1.0.1.
> Installation failed.
> Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
> Software being installed: AgroTracker Balanza 1.0.1
> (ar.com.cse.balanza.core 1.0.1)
> Software currently installed: AgroTracker Balanza 1.0.0
> (ar.com.cse.balanza.core.product 1.0.0)
> Only one of the following can be installed at once:
> AgroTracker Balanza 1.0.0 (ar.com.cse.balanza.core 1.0.0)
> AgroTracker Balanza 1.0.1 (ar.com.cse.balanza.core 1.0.1)
> Cannot satisfy dependency:
> From: AgroTracker_Balanza_Feature 1.0.0
> (AgroTracker_Balanza_Feature.feature.group 1.0.0)
> To: ar.com.cse.balanza.core [1.0.0]
> Cannot satisfy dependency:
> From: AgroTracker Balanza 1.0.0 (ar.com.cse.balanza.core.product 1.0.0)
> To: AgroTracker_Balanza_Feature.feature.group [1.0.0]
>
>
> I'm confused because feature and core product, should be sincronized !
> Even more, in the application About menu, I can see that the application
> is using AgroTracker_Balanza_Feature version 1.0.0, but when I click on
> the configuration tab, under features section, I see another thing:
>
> ..
> *** Features:
> AgroTracker_Balanza_Feature (1.0.1) "AgroTracker Balanza" why ????,
> should be 1.0.0

> org.eclipse.rcp (3.7.1.r37x_v20110729-9DB5FmNFnFLSFCtLxnRfMqt15A4A)
> "Eclipse RCP"
>
> *** Plug-in Registry:
> ar.com.cse.balanza.core (1.0.0) "AgroTracker Balanza" [Active]this is
> OK !

> ar.com.cse.cseagro.libraries (1.1.0) "AgroTracker Libraries" [Resolved]
> com.ibm.icu (4.4.2.v20110208) "International Components for Unicode for
> Java (ICU4J)" [Active]
> ..
>
>
> Looks like the p2 install the feature, but not the plugin.
> I look for some "force" parameter in p2 director, but I don't see
> anything like that.
>
> Any suggestion ?
>
> Best Regards
Previous Topic:Install from updatesite hangs under Java 7
Next Topic:Plug-ins are not installed properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:32:51 GMT 2024