Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » antlr issue when compiling grammar
antlr issue when compiling grammar [message #760454] Fri, 02 December 2011 12:43 Go to next message
Hannes F is currently offline Hannes FFriend
Hi!

I have a problem generating the artifacts for the grammar XText.xtext as attached to this post.

The following errors are printed:
warning(205): ../arden.xtext/src-gen/arden/xtext/parser/antlr/internal/InternalXText.g:2113:1: ANTLR could not analyze this decision in rule rulelogic_block; often this is because of recursive rule references visible from the left edge of alternatives.  ANTLR will re-analyze the decision with a fixed lookahead of k=1.  Consider using "options {k=1;}" for that decision and possibly adding a syntactic predicate.
error(10):  internal error: org.antlr.tool.Grammar.createLookaheadDFA(Grammar.java:1279): could not even do k=1 for decision 20; reason: timed out (>12000ms)

warning(200): ../arden.xtext/src-gen/arden/xtext/parser/antlr/internal/InternalXText.g:2585:1: Decision can match input such as "RULE_LET" using multiple alternatives: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6
As a result, alternative(s) 2,3,5,6 were disabled for that input
warning(200): ../arden.xtext/src-gen/arden/xtext/parser/antlr/internal/InternalXText.g:2585:1: Decision can match input such as "RULE_NOW" using multiple alternatives: 1, 3, 6
As a result, alternative(s) 3,6 were disabled for that input
warning(200): ../arden.xtext/src-gen/arden/xtext/parser/antlr/internal/InternalXText.g:2585:1: Decision can match input such as "RULE_IDENTIFIER" using multiple alternatives: 1, 3, 6
As a result, alternative(s) 3,6 were disabled for that input
error(201): ../arden.xtext/src-gen/arden/xtext/parser/antlr/internal/InternalXText.g:2585:1: The following alternatives can never be matched: 3,5,6

In line 2113 of InternalXText.g, there is the ANTLR rule code derived from the following XText.xtext rule:
logic_block :
      logic_statement=logic_statement semicolon logic_block=logic_block
    | logic_statement=logic_statement;

That rule is right-recursive which should not be a problem and apart from that I don't see what is wrong with that rule. Do you know what could be wrong with that rule?
I did feature assignment for all non-terminal parts.

In line 2585 if InternalXText.g, there is the ANTLR rule code derived from the following XText.xtext rule:
logic_assignment :
      id_becomes=identifier_becomes assignment_expr=expr
    | time_becomes=time_becomes assignment_expr=expr
    | id_becomes=identifier_becomes assignment_call_phrase=call_phrase
    | l_par list=data_var_list r_par assign assignment_call_phrase=call_phrase
    | let l_par list=data_var_list r_par be assignment_call_phrase=call_phrase
    | id_becomes=identifier_becomes assignment_new=new_object_phrase;

Again, I don't see anything wrong with that rule. All non-terminal rule calls are assigned to features.

Thanks for any help.
I attached the complete Eclipse project.
Re: antlr issue when compiling grammar [message #760456 is a reply to message #760454] Fri, 02 December 2011 12:52 Go to previous message
Meinte Boersma is currently offline Meinte BoersmaFriend
Check out this blog post to make sure it's not just the time out thing.
If problems persist, you can try to get a good handle on the grammar problems using ANTLRworks. In your case, syntactic predicates might be the way to go to solve them.

Previous Topic:selection of a rule's content
Next Topic:Generate Model Artifacts Programatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:37:14 GMT 2024