Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Unable to map object in the Inspector(Can't get object path when selecting objects in Inspector)
Unable to map object in the Inspector [message #760285] Thu, 01 December 2011 18:44 Go to next message
Carl Bader is currently offline Carl BaderFriend
I am new to Jubula. I have gone through the help documentation but don't see anything that covers my issue.

I am trying understand the OM Inspector to capture object paths.

I have installed Jubula and extracted the rcp-support.zip into the plugins directory for the eclipse installation.

When I create a AUT (rcp) for the eclipse installation and then start the Inspector I can see the green outline around the area I want to capture the paths for but when I click on the object I don't get anything in the Inspector window. Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding what the Inspector is for.

I checked the Show Client log and I have the following error listed. Could this be why I am not seeing paths? Is there a way to correct this issue.

I am working on testing a product that will be a plugin and RCP for eclipse so I will need to get the object paths to build the tests.

2011-12-01 10:27:45.396 [Worker-1] WARN o.e.jubula.client.core.ClientTest - No Basic Tester Class is defined for the Toolkit with ID 'com.bredexsw.guidancer.RcpToolkitPlugin'. No Simple Component Extensions will be added.

Jubula version: 1.1.0
Eclipse: 3.7.1
Workstation: Windows Vista 32 bit

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2011 18:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to map object in the Inspector [message #760480 is a reply to message #760285] Fri, 02 December 2011 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeb Ford-Reitz is currently offline Zeb Ford-ReitzFriend
You are doing something wrong. Take a look at the documentation for collecting components from the AUT (http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node170.html). Clicking on the component will not collect it.
icon7.gif  Re: Unable to map object in the Inspector [message #760493 is a reply to message #760480] Fri, 02 December 2011 14:59 Go to previous message
Carl Bader is currently offline Carl BaderFriend
Very Happy
Thank you very much for the reply that is what I was looking for. I don't know why I didn't located it in my search of the documents.
Previous Topic:Sharing a test suite
Next Topic:Error on Mapping Object issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:20:51 GMT 2024