Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Is Virgo web container capable of using OSGI bundles?
Is Virgo web container capable of using OSGI bundles? [message #760273] Thu, 01 December 2011 17:59 Go to next message
Seref Arikan is currently offline Seref ArikanFriend
I have an existing RestEasy based web application that works fine. I want to use EMF and some other frameworks in this application, but not all frameworks that use EMF are available as standalone.

So I need to use OSGI runtime in a web application. The sequence of events is as follows:

client request -> || web container || -> RestEasy bound class -> calls some OSGI bundles based functionality, creates response, then sends it back.

I've tried hosting OSGI runtime under apache using the bridge, but that required deploying resteasy as an OSGI bundle which left me exhausted and failed after 3 days.

The following item from Virgo page sounds like what I need, but I'd really appreciate your confirmation:

Quote:
web container - supports vanilla WAR files, with all their dependencies in WEB-INF/lib, and Web Application Bundles, that import their dependencies via OSGi manifest metadata, via the embedded Tomcat-based reference implementation of the OSGi Web Container specification, configured using the standard Tomcat server.xm

Re: Is Virgo web container capable of using OSGI bundles? [message #760276 is a reply to message #760273] Thu, 01 December 2011 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Hello,

Check whether the following can solve your use case.
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/203643/651102/#msg_651102

Regards
Violeta
Re: Is Virgo web container capable of using OSGI bundles? [message #760283 is a reply to message #760276] Thu, 01 December 2011 18:27 Go to previous message
Seref Arikan is currently offline Seref ArikanFriend
Hi Violeta,
Sounds quite like what I'm looking for. Will check it out. Thanks!
Previous Topic:Virgo 3.0.1 greenpages 2.4 build problems in STS 2.8
Next Topic:Install failed for bundle ### version '0.0.0'.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:50:33 GMT 2024