Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Text on the splash screen
Text on the splash screen [message #759875] Wed, 30 November 2011 12:53 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I have noticed there is some text (for example: version number) on the splash screen of a Swing application.

What are the possibilities to control this text (color, position, visibility... )?
Is it possible to add more information?
Is it possible to add dynamic information, telling the user what the application is loading?

What about SWT?

Thanks for the answers.

Re: Text on the splash screen [message #760379 is a reply to message #759875] Fri, 02 December 2011 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
For SWT, the splash screen is defined in the product configuration. There is a special tab page for defining the splash screen. You can use the default splash.bmp or a customizable option.

All this is RCP and is not special for Scout.

You can just change the splash.bmp. For the other option google for RCP splash customization.
Re: Text on the splash screen [message #760497 is a reply to message #760379] Fri, 02 December 2011 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot for your explanation for SWT. That is useful information.

The application I am working on is a Swing application... I am still looking for information, but the splash screen is not the priority.
Re: Text on the splash screen [message #778302 is a reply to message #760497] Thu, 12 January 2012 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
Jérémie,

The class that displays the splash screen in Swing is called org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.splash.SplashWindow. When you have a look at the constructor of the inner type P_SplashScreen, you notice some values that are obtained from Swing's UIManager. Those constants can be used to customize the texts on the splash screen by overriding the method org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.AbstractSwingEnvironment.interceptUIDefaults(UIDefaults) in your own SwingEnvironment and adding the values to the UIDefauls.

If you really need to, you can even implement your own splash screen classes. You have to override the constructor AbstractSwingApplication() as there is currently no way to inject a custom splash screen class.

B.

[Edit: Typo]

[Updated on: Mon, 23 January 2012 16:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Text on the splash screen [message #871268 is a reply to message #778302] Fri, 11 May 2012 17:29 Go to previous message
I have migrated my application to Scout 3.8 combined with Eclipse 4.2

The SWT splash screen has now a progress bar and some text explaining which plug-in is loading. The layout do not see good:

index.php/fa/9640/0/

There are probably some possibilities to configure the layout. By comparison on the Juno Splash screen, the progress bar is at the bottom and takes all the window width. The text is over the progress bar.

index.php/fa/9639/0/

Do you know how to configure the splash screen ?

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Specific Application Icon
Next Topic:Eclipse Scout 3.8 M7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:13:24 GMT 2024