Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Need help with /frameset syntax in INDEX.JSP for reports with parameters.(BIRT viewer /frameset syntax in INDEX.JSP.)
Need help with /frameset syntax in INDEX.JSP for reports with parameters. [message #759849] Wed, 30 November 2011 10:15 Go to next message
Angelo Mele is currently offline Angelo MeleFriend
I've developed some BIRT reports in eclipse and they all work fine. I wanted to make the reports available to the users via the WebViewerExample web app. I've installed the WebViewerExample under tomcat 6.0.33 successfully. I've also customized the INDEX.JSP that comes with the wiewer to list my reports for selection to the users. The reports that do not have parameters set up are working fine, but the reports that are supposde to show the parm window are not working. I'm getting the following error:
The report file : C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.33\webapps\WebViewerExample/COSTCTR_MATCH_TO_PROCESS_parm_deptmgr.rptdesign does not exist or contains errors.[/color]

The code in the INDEX.JSP looks like:

<p>
<a
href="<%= request.getContextPath( ) + "/frameset?__report=COSTCTR_MATCH_TO_PROCESS_parm_deptmgr.rptdesign&__DEPTMGR=blank" %>">IS
Department Mgr. Report - Detail of Appian Process Hours Spent,
Select by Department Mgr.</a></p>

The above report is using one parm 'DEPTMGR'. I also need help with the syntax for a report with multiple parms, what is the syntax for the /frameset to enable the parm window to show. the code below is for a report with multiple parms:

<p>
<a
href="<%= request.getContextPath( ) + "/frameset?__report=COSTCTR_MATCH_TO_PROCESS_parm_ProcID_Prod_on_time.rptdesign" %>">IS
Department Mgr. Report - Detail of Appian Process Hours Spent,
Select by ProcID and Process On Time</a></p>

your assistance would be appreciated.
Re: Need help with /frameset syntax in INDEX.JSP for reports with parameters. [message #759952 is a reply to message #759849] Wed, 30 November 2011 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 30-Nov-11 03:15, Angelo Mele wrote:
> I've developed some BIRT reports in eclipse and they all work fine. I
> wanted to make the reports available to the users via the
> WebViewerExample web app. I've installed the WebViewerExample under
> tomcat 6.0.33 successfully. I've also customized the INDEX.JSP that
> comes with the wiewer to list my reports for selection to the users. The
> reports that do not have parameters set up are working fine, but the
> reports that are supposde to show the parm window are not working. I'm
> getting the following error:
> [snip]
> your assistance would be appreciated.

Ask this in the Eclipse BIRT forum?
Re: Need help with /frameset syntax in INDEX.JSP for reports with parameters. [message #760155 is a reply to message #759952] Thu, 01 December 2011 13:48 Go to previous message
Angelo Mele is currently offline Angelo MeleFriend
Thank you Russell. Just did that....
Previous Topic:Creating Linux executable in Eclipse
Next Topic:cant build or run .asm file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:01:43 GMT 2024