Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Observations(Where do I put observations such as this?)
Observations [message #759662] Tue, 29 November 2011 14:38 Go to next message
Joe Pluta is currently offline Joe PlutaFriend
These are just my observations as I go along. Is there a formal repository for this information, or is this good enough?

Some differences:

1. Deploy the EGLDD file - in RBD you deploy the project, but in EDT you deploy the deployment descriptor.
  2. There is no en_US suffix on the deployed HTML (Yay!)

Tip:
If you are making a deployment project to use with the built-in J2EE Preview server, make sure your web project is Dynamic Web Module (servlet API) level 2.5. I keep forgetting, and then there's no fix except to delete the project and recreate it.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2011 15:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Observations [message #759663 is a reply to message #759662] Tue, 29 November 2011 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Smythe is currently offline Will SmytheFriend
Joe - for #1, you should open an enhancement request (I noticed this action was gone as well): https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=EDT
Re: Observations [message #759700 is a reply to message #759662] Tue, 29 November 2011 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
We started tracking a list of differences between EDT and RBD here - http://wiki.eclipse.org/EDT:EGL_Language_conversion

We probably need to change the title of this page so that it is more generic, and not just focused on language changes. It already includes changes in the EGLDD file format between EDT and RBD, for example.

If you can edit this WIKI page, you can list the differences that you find on the page. If you cannot edit this WIKI page, you can post your observations on this thread and we can add them.

-Brian
Re: Observations [message #759730 is a reply to message #759700] Tue, 29 November 2011 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Pluta is currently offline Joe PlutaFriend
Thanks, Brian. I'll go back to that page and see what my rights are. The title did make it did look as though it was more directed towards language issues, but as you noted there are other some things making their way onto the page.
Re: Observations [message #762962 is a reply to message #759730] Thu, 08 December 2011 21:45 Go to previous message
Theresa Ramsey is currently offline Theresa RamseyFriend
Hi Joe,
You should be able to edit the wiki pages, you just need to be logged in using your eclipse id and click the Edit tab at the top of the page.

We also have a wiki page for Moving apps from RBD to EDT that covers some of the differences and steps.

Theresa
Previous Topic:Payment File Maintenance Tutorial Error
Next Topic:Am I in the right track?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:18:09 GMT 2024