Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Newbie question
Newbie question [message #759519] Mon, 28 November 2011 22:12 Go to next message
Alex  is currently offline Alex Friend
I am a newcomer to the wonderful world of JAVA programming, and while beginning to work with some ideas I had for simple applications I looked for a good gui builder, so that's how I got here. Here is my issue:

I created MainApplicationWindow.java with the window builder. I then modified the source code to fit my application's needs. The gui looks great and does its job perfectly only now I'm starting work on a new feature for the application, so I go back to my file to add some more gui components only to find that window builder is no longer available for the file. Sad

The design tab is no longer there. Any ideas for fixing this?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Newbie question [message #759525 is a reply to message #759519] Tue, 29 November 2011 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roded Bahat is currently offline Roded BahatFriend
From the package view, rightclick->open with.
Re: Newbie question [message #759726 is a reply to message #759519] Tue, 29 November 2011 18:55 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
If you don't see the Design tab, that means that you are just using the standard Eclipse Java Editor rather than the WindowBuilder editor. Eclipse allows you to use different editors via the Open With command. This is very basic Eclipse behavior, so it is something you should learn about. This is also covered in the WB docs and FAQ.
Previous Topic:No root methods when designing a class which implements IDetailsPage and extends a bean
Next Topic:GWT Designer - no more handles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:51:31 GMT 2024