Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Dependency problems when upgrading Xtext version in an existing feature project(How to update an existing project from Xtext 2.0.1 to 2.1.0?)
Dependency problems when upgrading Xtext version in an existing feature project [message #758967] Fri, 25 November 2011 12:15 Go to next message
John J. Camilleri is currently offline John J. CamilleriFriend
Could someone outline the steps required to upgrade a project to use a new version of Xtext? Specifically, I am developing a plugin using Xtext 2.0.1 and want to upgrade to 2.1.0; it was starightforward enough to upgrade in my development environment, but when I release the plugin via "Export deployable features" and try to install on a fresh Classic Eclipse, I get errors about dependencies which cannot be found.

For the record, this is what I have tried:

1. Installed fresh version of Eclipse + Xtext 2.1.0 from Itemis (see note below)
  2. Opened my plugin project in the new Eclipse
  3. Changed org.eclipse.xtext.ui.refactoring.ui.RenameElementHandler to org.eclipse.xtext.ui.refactoring.ui.IRenameElementHandler in plugin.xml of my UI project.
  4. Re-run GenerateMyDSL.mwe2

I thought I would be able to update Xtext in my dev environment using Eclipse's Upgrade feature, but Xtext did not show up as any of the available updates...

[Updated on: Mon, 05 December 2011 10:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Migrating a project from Xtext 2.0.1 to 2.1.0 [message #759214 is a reply to message #758967] Sun, 27 November 2011 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
Hi John,

what sort of errors do you get? The error message may help to answer
your question.

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

Am 25.11.11 13:15, schrieb John J. Camilleri:
> Could someone outline the steps required to upgrade a project to use a
> new version of Xtext? Specifically, I am developing a plugin using Xtext
> 2.0.1 and want to upgrade to 2.1.0; it was starightforward enough to
> upgrade in my development environment, but when I release the plugin via
> "Export deployable features" and try to install on a fresh Classic
> Eclipse, I get errors about dependencies which cannot be found.
>
> For the record, this is what I have tried:
>
>
> Installed fresh version of Eclipse + Xtext 2.1.0 from Itemis (see note
> below)
> Opened my plugin project in the new Eclipse
> Changed org.eclipse.xtext.ui.refactoring.ui.RenameElementHandler to
> org.eclipse.xtext.ui.refactoring.ui.IRenameElementHandler in plugin.xml
> of my UI project.
> Re-run GenerateMyDSL.mwe2
>
>
> I thought I would be able to update Xtext in my dev environment using
> Eclipse's Upgrade feature, but Xtext did not show up as any of the
> available updates...
Re: Steps for upgrading Xtext version in an existing project [message #759626 is a reply to message #758967] Tue, 29 November 2011 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sebastien.
So after following the steps as above, re-exporting my feature plugin, and updating the version of the plugin in my "fresh" Eclipse, I get the runtime errors as below.
I can see this "fresh" Eclipse is still using Xtext 2.0.1.. so I guess my issue is that I need to somewhere specify that my new plugin version requires updated Xtext libraries? Do I specify this through the plugin.xml?

[2011-11-29 12:51:23,244] ERROR Guice creation errors:

1) Could not find a suitable constructor in org.eclipse.xtext.ui.refactoring.impl.DefaultRenameStrategy. Classes must have either one (and only one) constructor annotated with @Inject or a zero-argument constructor that is not private.
  at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.refactoring.impl.DefaultRenameStrategy.class(DefaultRenameStrategy.java:96)
  at org.eclipse.xtext.service.MethodBasedModule.configure(MethodBasedModule.java:55)

2) No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.preferences.IPreferenceStoreInitializer annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=builderPreferenceInitializer) was bound.
  at org.grammaticalframework.eclipse.ui.AbstractGFUiModule.configureBuilderPreferenceStoreInitializer(AbstractGFUiModule.java:78)

3) No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.preferences.IPreferenceStoreInitializer annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=RefactoringPreferences) was bound.
  at org.grammaticalframework.eclipse.ui.AbstractGFUiModule.configureIPreferenceStoreInitializer(AbstractGFUiModule.java:218)

3 errors
com.google.inject.CreationException: Guice creation errors:

1) Could not find a suitable constructor in org.eclipse.xtext.ui.refactoring.impl.DefaultRenameStrategy. Classes must have either one (and only one) constructor annotated with @Inject or a zero-argument constructor that is not private.
  at org.eclipse.xtext.ui.refactoring.impl.DefaultRenameStrategy.class(DefaultRenameStrategy.java:96)
  at org.eclipse.xtext.service.MethodBasedModule.configure(MethodBasedModule.java:55)

2) No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.preferences.IPreferenceStoreInitializer annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=builderPreferenceInitializer) was bound.
  at org.grammaticalframework.eclipse.ui.AbstractGFUiModule.configureBuilderPreferenceStoreInitializer(AbstractGFUiModule.java:78)

3) No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.preferences.IPreferenceStoreInitializer annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=RefactoringPreferences) was bound.
  at org.grammaticalframework.eclipse.ui.AbstractGFUiModule.configureIPreferenceStoreInitializer(AbstractGFUiModule.java:218)

3 errors
	at com.google.inject.internal.Errors.throwCreationExceptionIfErrorsExist(Errors.java:354)
	at com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder.initializeStatically(InjectorBuilder.java:152)
	at com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder.build(InjectorBuilder.java:105)
	at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:92)
	at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:69)
	at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:59)
	at org.grammaticalframework.eclipse.ui.internal.GFActivator.registerInjectorFor(GFActivator.java:47)
	at org.grammaticalframework.eclipse.ui.internal.GFActivator.start(GFActivator.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:299)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:462)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:476)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:345)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1207)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:264)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.EditorDescriptor.createEditor(EditorDescriptor.java:235)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createPart(EditorManager.java:875)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:609)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibleEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:271)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.setVisibleEditor(EditorManager.java:1459)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$5.runWithException(EditorManager.java:972)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3563)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3212)
	at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$33.runWithException(Workbench.java:1595)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3563)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3212)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
Re: Steps for upgrading Xtext version in an existing project [message #759665 is a reply to message #759626] Tue, 29 November 2011 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I edited the MANIFEST.MF file of my "base" plugin to require the new Xtext version:

Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.xtext;bundle-version="2.1.0";visibility:=reexport,

But now after re-exporting and trying to update the plugin in my fresh Eclipse, I get the following installation error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: GF Eclipse Plugin 1.2.1.201111291544 (org.grammaticalframework.feature.feature.group 1.2.1.201111291544)
  Missing requirement: org.grammaticalframework.eclipse 1.2.1.201111291544 (org.grammaticalframework.eclipse 1.2.1.201111291544) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.xtext 2.1.0' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: GF Eclipse Plugin 1.2.1.201111291544 (org.grammaticalframework.feature.feature.group 1.2.1.201111291544)
    To: org.grammaticalframework.eclipse [1.2.1.201111291544]
Re: Steps for upgrading Xtext version in an existing project [message #760802 is a reply to message #759665] Mon, 05 December 2011 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry to have to bump this, but does no one have any ideas as to why I can't properly re-export my plugin since upgrading to Xtext 2.1.0?
Re: Steps for upgrading Xtext version in an existing project [message #760810 is a reply to message #759665] Mon, 05 December 2011 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian ZarnekowFriend
Hi John,

you either have to compose the Xtext runtime feature in your feature or
users have to select the Xtext runtime feature explicitly in the update
manager if they want to update. It's a limitation of p2.

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

Am 29.11.11 15:49, schrieb John J. Camilleri:
> So I edited the MANIFEST.MF file of my "base" plugin to require the new
> Xtext version:
>
> Require-Bundle:
> org.eclipse.xtext;bundle-version="2.1.0";visibility:=reexport,
>
> But now after re-exporting and trying to update the plugin in my fresh
> Eclipse, I get the following installation error:
>
> Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not
> be found.
> Software being installed: GF Eclipse Plugin 1.2.1.201111291544
> (org.grammaticalframework.feature.feature.group 1.2.1.201111291544)
> Missing requirement: org.grammaticalframework.eclipse 1.2.1.201111291544
> (org.grammaticalframework.eclipse 1.2.1.201111291544) requires 'bundle
> org.eclipse.xtext 2.1.0' but it could not be found
> Cannot satisfy dependency:
> From: GF Eclipse Plugin 1.2.1.201111291544
> (org.grammaticalframework.feature.feature.group 1.2.1.201111291544)
> To: org.grammaticalframework.eclipse [1.2.1.201111291544]
Re: Steps for upgrading Xtext version in an existing project [message #760832 is a reply to message #760810] Mon, 05 December 2011 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help Sebastian, that seems to have allowed me to install the exported feature plugin. For anyone else wondering, I basically added this line to the feature.xml file of my feature project:

<includes
         id="org.eclipse.xtext.runtime"
         version="0.0.0"
         name="Xtext Runtime"
         search-location="self"/>

However now when I try to open my custom perspective I get some new errors:

[2011-12-05 13:13:46,951] ERROR Guice creation errors:

2) No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.preferences.IPreferenceStoreInitializer annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=RefactoringPreferences) was bound.

2 errors
com.google.inject.CreationException: Guice creation errors:

2) No implementation for org.eclipse.xtext.ui.editor.preferences.IPreferenceStoreInitializer annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=RefactoringPreferences) was bound.

2 errors
	at com.google.inject.internal.Errors.throwCreationExceptionIfErrorsExist(Errors.java:354)
	at com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder.initializeStatically(InjectorBuilder.java:152)
	at com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder.build(InjectorBuilder.java:105)
	at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:92)
	at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:69)
	at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:59)
	at org.grammaticalframework.eclipse.ui.internal.GFActivator.registerInjectorFor(GFActivator.java:47)
	at org.grammaticalframework.eclipse.ui.internal.GFActivator.start(GFActivator.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:299)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:462)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:476)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:345)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1207)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.PerspectiveDescriptor.createFactory(PerspectiveDescriptor.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.loadPredefinedPersp(Perspective.java:744)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.createPresentation(Perspective.java:270)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.<init>(Perspective.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.tweaklets.Workbench3xImplementation.createPerspective(Workbench3xImplementation.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.createPerspective(WorkbenchPage.java:1748)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busySetPerspective(WorkbenchPage.java:1108)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$16(WorkbenchPage.java:1099)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$19.run(WorkbenchPage.java:3814)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.setPerspective(WorkbenchPage.java:3812)
	at org.eclipse.ui.handlers.ShowPerspectiveHandler.openPerspective(ShowPerspectiveHandler.java:146)
	at org.eclipse.ui.handlers.ShowPerspectiveHandler.openOther(ShowPerspectiveHandler.java:118)
	at org.eclipse.ui.handlers.ShowPerspectiveHandler.execute(ShowPerspectiveHandler.java:57)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:178)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:247)
	at org.eclipse.ui.actions.PerspectiveMenu.runOther(PerspectiveMenu.java:376)
	at org.eclipse.ui.actions.PerspectiveMenu$3.runWithEvent(PerspectiveMenu.java:130)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1258)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3588)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3209)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2696)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2660)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

[Updated on: Mon, 05 December 2011 12:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Steps for upgrading Xtext version in an existing project [message #760842 is a reply to message #760832] Mon, 05 December 2011 12:31 Go to previous message
Ok, it turns out I also needed to add the UI feature, such that my feature.xml file now includes both the following:

<includes
         id="org.eclipse.xtext.runtime"
         version="0.0.0"
         name="Xtext Runtime"
         search-location="self"/>

<includes
         id="org.eclipse.xtext.ui"
         version="0.0.0"
         name="Xtext UI"
         search-location="self"/>
Previous Topic:API doc for xtext
Next Topic:[Xtend] Comments between ''' '''