Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Proposals » OSGi Enterprise Tools » Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo(Exception when I tried to run a simple hello world bundle/plugin)
icon5.gif  Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo [message #758845] Thu, 24 November 2011 17:29 Go to next message
Raphael Moita is currently offline Raphael MoitaFriend
Hi guys,

I've just started testing Eclipse Indigo trying to run the simplest bundle app possible and I got bunches of exceptions from Equinox startup.

osgi> Starting ....
!SESSION 2011-11-24 15:17:15.241 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_25
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=pt_BR
Command-line arguments:  -dev file:C:/Documents and Settings/myuser/workspaceIndigo/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Test Plug1/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -consoleLog -console

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2011-11-24 15:17:18.256
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.ws.ui 4 0 2011-11-24 15:17:18.413
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.ws.ui.Activator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.ws.ui.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
Caused by: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: Invalid thread access	at org.eclipse.ui.plugin.AbstractUIPlugin.createImageRegistry(AbstractUIPlugin.java:213)
	at org.eclipse.ui.plugin.AbstractUIPlugin.getImageRegistry(AbstractUIPlugin.java:257)
	at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.ws.ui.Activator.declareImage(Activator.java:82)
	at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.ws.ui.Activator.declareImage(Activator.java:77)
	at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.ws.ui.Activator.declareImages(Activator.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.ws.ui.Activator.start(Activator.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	... 12 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.debug.ui 4 0 2011-11-24 15:17:18.913
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.debug.ui.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1131)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.contextlaunching.LaunchingResourceManager.startup(LaunchingResourceManager.java:546)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.getLaunchingResourceManager(DebugUIPlugin.java:306)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.start(DebugUIPlugin.java:507)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	... 12 more
Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet.	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.getWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.contextlaunching.LaunchingResourceManager.startup(LaunchingResourceManager.java:546)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.getLaunchingResourceManager(DebugUIPlugin.java:306)
	at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.start(DebugUIPlugin.java:507)

(lots more like this .....)

As you can see I got lots of "Invalid thread access" and "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Workbench has not been created yet." I didn't do anything different from the way I do on Eclipse Helios (previuos Eclipse & Equinox versions).

Any ideia on what is taking place here or how to troubleshoot that?

I'd really appreciate any help on it.

Thanks
--
Raphael Moita
Re: Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo [message #760348 is a reply to message #758845] Fri, 02 December 2011 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Williams is currently offline David WilliamsFriend
On 11/24/2011 12:29 PM, Raphael Moita wrote:
>
> eclipse.buildId=unknown
>

This "unknown" looks suspicious ... like you may have a bad install or
configuration.

> ... I didn't do anything different from the way I do on Eclipse Helios
> (previuos Eclipse & Equinox versions).
>

Did you update Helios dev. env to Indigo via p2 repositories? Or a fresh
Java EE IDE downloaded from
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

I suggest the latter ... in theory an update from Helios to Indigo
should basically work ... but, it is untested.

Also, be sure you try with a fresh workspace and fresh "launch
configuration" ... I usually don't see that -dev argument in my console,
and wonder if you have something special left over from some previous in
Helios? Similar for the "previous workspace did not shutdown normally"
.... I usually check the boxes to clear the workspace and also the
"configuration area" ... especially when just starting a bundle or project.

HTH
Re: Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo [message #858965 is a reply to message #758845] Fri, 27 April 2012 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roman Vottner is currently offline Roman VottnerFriend
Hi,

although this thread is almost half a year old, I recently noticed the same behavior.

I used the example frome javaworld (www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-03-2008/jw-03-osgi1.html?page=1) and got nearly the same exceptions like Raphael Moita. I first thought this might be caused by not adding all required plug-ins to yoxos, but even with downloading the 'Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers'- or 'Eclipse Classic 3.7.2'-versions I noticed the same behavior.

On hitting run on the OSGi project, Eclipse creates a run-configuration for you - and it adds every bundle registered with the target platform (Eclipse/OSGi) to it. So instead of just running the desired bundle(s) every bundle seems to get included. After deactivating the target platform and all of its bundles, the test runs smooth again.

HTH
---
Roman
Re: Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo [message #877082 is a reply to message #858965] Fri, 25 May 2012 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KC Cheung is currently offline KC CheungFriend
Hi there,
How to deactivate other bundle? It is my first try out. I got the same error by following javaworld sample.
Re: Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo [message #882252 is a reply to message #877082] Wed, 06 June 2012 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ankur sood is currently offline ankur soodFriend
Hi,

Delete eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi folder in eclipse installation and try again

Cheers,
Ankur
Re: Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo [message #900494 is a reply to message #882252] Tue, 07 August 2012 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vishal Meghani is currently offline Vishal MeghaniFriend
When running the app inside Eclipse Indigo... i am getting following error....
i think this is coming due to some version problem.... or because of some jar file not available....

i am new to this.. can anyone help me out.... i am trying to run tutorial at springosgi/ch01.html

!SESSION 2012-08-07 14:02:46.344 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_05
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -dev
other error shown in screenshot attached
  • Attachment: err.png
    (Size: 67.70KB, Downloaded 1064 times)
Re: Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo [message #938158 is a reply to message #900494] Tue, 09 October 2012 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guilherme Couto is currently offline Guilherme CoutoFriend
Hi Vishal, Have you solved this problem? I'm having the same. Thanks.

When running the app inside Eclipse Indigo... i am getting following error....
i think this is coming due to some version problem.... or because of some jar file not available....

i am new to this.. can anyone help me out.... i am trying to run tutorial at springosgi/ch01.html

!SESSION 2012-08-07 14:02:46.344 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_05
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -dev
other error shown in screenshot attached
Re: Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo [message #990980 is a reply to message #938158] Sun, 16 December 2012 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karen Dolan is currently offline Karen DolanFriend
I resolved by including 4 more plugins: org.apache.felix.gogo.[3items] and org.eclipse.equinox.console, per this blog post (thank you Ryan!)
rgoodie.blogspot.com/2012/01/getting-going-with-equinox-osgi-and.html

In addition to creating a working set, from Run/Debug->OSGI Framework->Edit launch configurations, to really isolate the plugins to include.

Re: Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo [message #1027733 is a reply to message #990980] Wed, 27 March 2013 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jella Humpert is currently offline Jella HumpertFriend
this worked for me:
rename or delete org.eclipse.debug.core in workspace/.metadata

launch config:
target platform:
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime
org.apache.felix.gogo.shell
org.eclipse.equinox.console
org.eclipse.osgi

and of course Your own bundles

Re: Problems with Equinox and Eclipse Indigo [message #1053186 is a reply to message #877082] Fri, 03 May 2013 01:45 Go to previous message
karychien Mising name is currently offline karychien Mising nameFriend
Hi, I'm using Eclipse Juno, this is how I deactivate bundles:

1.run --> run configuration
2.Choose OSGi framework at left panel.
3.Select only bundles you are going to run.
4.Click settings tab and check "Clear the configuration area before launch"
5.Apply and Run
Previous Topic:Equinox doesn't start
Next Topic:help with declarative services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:41:56 GMT 2024