Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » RCP templates are not available in selection list
RCP templates are not available in selection list [message #758586] Wed, 23 November 2011 19:09 Go to next message
davidwho  is currently offline davidwho Friend
Hi There,

I have used eclipse of Java verson and JEE version for several years without any problem. Recently I am trying to try some plugin development and I got some problems at the very beginning.

At first I upgraded my JEE version to RCP version by doing help -> Install New software -> select "Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment" and "Eclipse RCP Plug-in Developer Resources".

Then I used File -> New Project -> Plug-In Project.

I typed in Project Name in the first screen, used the dafault contents of ID, Version, Name, Execution Environment and the default checked check boxes in the second screen. So far so good. But then I got problems in the 3rd screen: there is no RCP related templates available for my selection in the templates list. I can see "Hello, World", "Hello, World Command", "Plug-IN with .....", "RAP....." and so on. But I cannot find any thing related to RCP such as 'Hello RCP, "RCP application with View" and so on as described in the tutorial.

I think maybe the upgrade from JEE version is not correct. So I downloaded the Eclipse fo RCP and RAP developer and tried it again. But I still could not see the RCP templates in the 3rd screen, as attached gif.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong?

Thank you guys very much!

Davy

Re: RCP templates are not available in selection list [message #758613 is a reply to message #758586] Wed, 23 November 2011 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
Hi there, you have posted to the wrong forum. This is the forum for AJDT (AspectJ Development Tools).
Re: RCP templates are not available in selection list [message #758760 is a reply to message #758613] Thu, 24 November 2011 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davidwho  is currently offline davidwho Friend
Thanks Andrew.

I tried to delete this one by using ->Edit -> delete. But it did not work.
Re: RCP templates are not available in selection list [message #769075 is a reply to message #758760] Wed, 21 December 2011 10:57 Go to previous message
raghav Mising name is currently offline raghav Mising nameFriend

you've enabled the option create a rich ajax application select option
Previous Topic:load time weaving and execution time
Next Topic:headless AJDT: one aspect, many projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:04:23 GMT 2024