Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Exception: Could not create the view(Exception: Could not create the view )
Exception: Could not create the view [message #758248] Tue, 22 November 2011 12:39 Go to next message
Vinod Kannur is currently offline Vinod KannurFriend
Hi,

I have a created the Eclipse Pluggin. Then I have added the org.eclipse.ui.views as an extension and created a view. I created a class thereafter for that view, which I open in Window builder. I create a form view page which has tabs,sections and other basic widgets. I try to execute the Pluggin and try to run the View using Show View. but it throws an exception saying:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument not valid
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4263)

I have also attached the error log for proper understanding.
I am not able to figure out what could be the reason, though I have included all the required extension points.Please let me know how I can resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Vinod
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 74.32KB, Downloaded 203 times)
Re: Exception: Could not create the view [message #758255 is a reply to message #758248] Tue, 22 November 2011 13:12 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
I don't see anything WindowBuilder related in this report. If you are having a runtime problem with SWT or RCP, you should post your question (and test case) to the Eclipse SWT or RCP forum. You should also include the complete stack trace (not a screen shot).

Without a test case (actual code) and the full stack trace, I don't see how anyone would be able to help you other than to tell you that you have some unknown problem with your UIMockUp class.
Previous Topic:WindowBuilder Engine (Required)
Next Topic:Disable tool tips in the properties window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:50:53 GMT 2024