Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » MessageDialog default button(Order not taken into consideration)
MessageDialog default button [message #758190] Tue, 22 November 2011 09:49 Go to next message
Sathya  is currently offline Sathya Friend
I was using MessageDialog where I observed that the default button always was shown in the rightmost part of the button bar.
In the earlier eclipse releases, this was not seen.

I wanted to change the order of the buttons created in the buttons bar. Is there a way to do it?

index.php/fa/6214/0/
Re: MessageDialog default button [message #763079 is a reply to message #758190] Fri, 09 December 2011 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any Ideas people Sad
Re: MessageDialog default button [message #763277 is a reply to message #763079] Fri, 09 December 2011 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,
MessageDialog belongs to Jface, you could try asking this in Eclipse JFace or RCP forum.

I haven't tried this, but looks like using the MessageDialog constructor and ordering the labels in dialogButtonLabels array would let you order the buttons in the button bar -->
MessageDialog(Shell parentShell, String dialogTitle, Image dialogTitleImage, String dialogMessage, int dialogImageType, String[] dialogButtonLabels, int defaultIndex)

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: MessageDialog default button [message #764485 is a reply to message #763277] Mon, 12 December 2011 09:32 Go to previous message
Thank you Lakshmi for the reply.
I have tried changing the order in the array. It has no effect though.
I will take your suggestion and ask the same in Eclipse JFace or RCP forum.
Previous Topic:X Resource Class Names
Next Topic:Not able to paste Ms-Excel column into SWT's Text widget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:10:16 GMT 2024