Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Multiple groups on same row
Multiple groups on same row [message #758122] Mon, 21 November 2011 23:30 Go to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
I'm trying to get multiple groups to show up on the same row. I've tried this 2 ways and both have there problems.

Method 1)
So I have 3 different groups and I dragged the 3 value that are being displayed into the 3rd header row and deleted the first and second ones. However, it is now repeating the first and second columns. (I also want the 4th column to not show duplicates).

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when my groups are all on separate headers.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj265/Erebel55/differentheaders.png

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like after I add them all to the same row and select "suppress duplicates" which doesn't seem to be working.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj265/Erebel55/sameheader.png
As you can see it doesn't appear to be grouping the first and second columns. Any help?

Method 2)
I'm trying to use the Drop feature on the cells that contain grouped data, so I do drop to "detail" but now it's messing up one of my borders and I have no idea why. Here is a screenshot.

As you can see the first grey border above the application name is thicker than the rest of the borders to the right for some reason.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj265/Erebel55/borderproblem.png

So, basically the drop feature is working, it's just messing with my first border for some reason. This would probably be the easiest to fix if someone could look at it. Thanks.

I've attached the files of both my attempts to get this working right.

ET_Risk_Map_Detail_Report4 is with the "drop" feature to detail.

ET_Risk_Map_Detail_Report4(b) is with adding all the grouped data to one row and turning on "suppress duplicates" which doesn't seem to be working.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2011 23:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Multiple groups on same row [message #758313 is a reply to message #758122] Tue, 22 November 2011 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

I did not see the screen shots. Can you reproduce the issue with the
sample db so we can run the report?

Jason

On 11/21/2011 6:30 PM, redviper8 wrote:
> I'm trying to get multiple groups to show up on the same row. I've tried this 2 ways and both have there problems.
>
> Method 1)
> So I have 3 different groups and I dragged the 3 value that are being displayed into the 3rd header row and deleted the first and second ones. However, it is now repeating the first and second columns. (I also want the 4th column to not show duplicates).
>
> Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when my groups are all on separate headers.
>
>
> Here is a screenshot of what it looks like after I add them all to the same row and select "suppress duplicates" which doesn't seem to be working.
>
> As you can see it doesn't appear to be grouping the first and second columns. Any help?
>
> Method 2)
> I'm trying to use the Drop feature on the cells that contain grouped data, so I do drop to "detail" but now it's messing up one of my borders and I have no idea why. Here is a screenshot.
>
> As you can see the first grey border above the application name is thicker than the rest of the borders to the right for some reason.
>
>
>
> I've attached the files of both my attempts to get this working right.
>
> ET_Risk_Map_Detail_Report4 is with the "drop" feature to detail.
>
> ET_Risk_Map_Detail_Report4(b) is with adding all the grouped data to one row and turning on "suppress duplicates" which doesn't seem to be working.
Re: Multiple groups on same row [message #759119 is a reply to message #758313] Sat, 26 November 2011 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've created a sample report using one of the sample databases, so that anyone can now run it. As you can see the borders are being messed up for some reason..I want them all to be the same width and the drop feature seems to be changing this?

[Updated on: Sat, 26 November 2011 14:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Multiple groups on same row [message #759458 is a reply to message #759119] Mon, 28 November 2011 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

This does look like a bug. Look at how I modified the report and see if
this will work.

Jason

On 11/26/2011 9:31 AM, redviper8 wrote:
> I've created a sample report using one of the sample databases, so that anyone can now run it. As you can see the borders are being messed up for some reason..I want them all to be the same width.
Re: Multiple groups on same row [message #760189 is a reply to message #759458] Thu, 01 December 2011 15:03 Go to previous message
This will fix the border problem, however another problem arises. If I have a data item in column 1 that has multiple items in column 2..there will be a border between these rows. However, I only want the borders to separate each group of data grouped by column 1. I will try and get a screenshot up tonight when I get home.
Previous Topic:Property Binding with a PostgreSQL Database
Next Topic:BIRT Integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:51:28 GMT 2024