Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] Use more than one instance
[ATL] Use more than one instance [message #757720] Mon, 21 November 2011 10:58 Go to next message
Willi  is currently offline Willi Friend
Hello,

i have the following problem. I want to transform two import models into one output model. The problem is that i have to process more than one instances of the second input model.

Is there any option to do that? Or can i use an existing instance for the imput? The only solution i see is to write the transformation in this form:

I need: Input Model A (Instance A1), Model B (Instance B1,B2,B3) Output Model C (Instance C1)

Then i transform:

Input Model A (Instance A1) --> Output Model C (Instance C1)
Input MOdel B (Instance B1) Input Model C (Instance C1) --> Output Model C (Instance C2)
Input MOdel B (Instance B2) Input Model C (Instance C2) --> Output Model C (Instance C3) ... and so on..

But this solution is very impractiable.

Has anybody a hint or a better solution?

Thanks Willi

Re: [ATL] Use more than one instance [message #758191 is a reply to message #757720] Tue, 22 November 2011 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi Willi,
This is possible. You have two different input meta-models and one output meta-model. In your lauch configuration define the meta-models and any number of models which conform to the meta-models. The hard bit will be to code the transforms to merge concepts from two different meta-models but this is certainly possible.
Regards,
Ronan
Re: [ATL] Use more than one instance [message #758429 is a reply to message #758191] Wed, 23 November 2011 09:24 Go to previous message
Willi  is currently offline Willi Friend
Hi Ronan,

thank you very much. I will try this.

regards Willi
Previous Topic:[ATL] Copy entire Model without refining mode
Next Topic:[ATL] Running ATL programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:46:25 GMT 2024