Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » opening multiple editors(opening multiple editors in one view)
opening multiple editors [message #757701] Mon, 21 November 2011 09:56 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

I have an outline and a table page. Default behaviour is when I then want to add or modify an element from the table view, the form is opened as modal dialog.

What I try to do is instead is not to open a modal dialog but open the form in an other view. There is a tuturial about this and it works OK.

Now I like to open multiple editors. But when another element from the list is selected, nothing happens. In the console there is a Message:

!MESSAGE org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swt.window.desktop.view.AbstractScoutView.showForm(AbstractScoutView.java:89) The view 'ID=nl.rid.grammastudio6.ui.swt.views.EditorView' is already open. The form 'Zinnen (nl.rid.grammastudio6.client.ui.forms.ZinnenForm)' can not be opened!

I know how to do this in SWT (with the help of IEditorInput): Open multiple windows in a view. (and if the user selects the same record twice the same window is opened). In fact it is the same behaviour as the editor in Eclipse.

The question is, do I have to implement this myself or is this concept supported by Scout, and if yes, how should I do this.

Regards Bertin

Re: opening multiple editors [message #757772 is a reply to message #757701] Mon, 21 November 2011 15:31 Go to previous message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi Bertin

Try setting allowMultiple at your view to true. This makes sure a secondaryViewId is generated in order to distinguish the views. This should solve your problem.

Now if you want to open/activate the same view when the same record is selected you have modify your ZinnenForm a little. You need to start your form in exclusive mode and compute an exclusive key (typically the primary key of your entity) which distinguishes the records.

public class ViewHandler extends AbstractFormHandler {

@Override
    protected void execLoad() throws ProcessingException {
      //open form code
    }

@Override
    protected boolean getConfiguredOpenExclusive() {
      return true;
    }
  }

public void startView() throws ProcessingException {
    startInternalExclusive(new DesktopForm.ViewHandler());
  }

@Override
  public Object computeExclusiveKey() throws ProcessingException {
    return RECORD_ID;
  }

}

Please notice: You need to set getConfiguredExclusive to true AND start the handler by using startInternalEXCLUSIVE.

Btw: I've added this additional information to the howto: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/HowTo/Open_a_Form_in_a_View

Have fun Smile

Regards
Claudio

[Updated on: Mon, 21 November 2011 16:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:sub-icon (with a suffix)
Next Topic:Scout @ Eclipse Con 2012
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:14:07 GMT 2024