Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » PluginRegistry.getActiveModels() doesn't work properly
PluginRegistry.getActiveModels() doesn't work properly [message #757478] Fri, 18 November 2011 15:19 Go to next message
Jonathan  is currently offline Jonathan Friend
Hi all!

I'm newcomer in PDE API and I have a little question :
"org.eclipse.pde.core.plugin.PluginRegistry.getActiveModels()" doesn't return ALL my active models. There's only one over two of my targetPlatform plugins directory. Moreover the method returns NONE of my workspace plugins...

did I do something wrong ?

thanks before Very Happy
Re: PluginRegistry.getActiveModels() doesn't work properly [message #757489 is a reply to message #757478] Fri, 18 November 2011 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
I've never seen an issue with this method. It should return all active models in the manager's table, which should match up with what is in the state. Are any of your plug-ins sharing the same symbolic name? Plug-ins with the same name are removed from the target and are overridden by projects in the workspace.
Re: PluginRegistry.getActiveModels() doesn't work properly [message #757494 is a reply to message #757489] Fri, 18 November 2011 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan  is currently offline Jonathan Friend
Thanks for replying.
No all my plugins have different symbolic names... They are all checked in my "Run Configuration". But none of them are returned by PluginRegistry.getActiveModels()

Same result with PluginRegistry.getAllModels()...

I have modified the targetPlatform (65 plugins at start).Then I added a directory (which contains about 70 plugins). And finally there's all my workspace plugins (10 plugins). So a call to PluginRegistry.getAllModels() should return 65+70+10 models, agree ? But there's only the 65 plugins of my original targetPlatform Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2011 16:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PluginRegistry.getActiveModels() doesn't work properly [message #757535 is a reply to message #757494] Fri, 18 November 2011 19:32 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
Duplicate bundles (same name/version) are removed from the target, and workspace plug-ins will replace the equivalent bundle in the target (even with getAllModels()). Not sure what else to tell you. You can debug through the PluginRegistry and see what is in the PluginModelManager model entry table. What version of Eclipse are you using? If you can provide a test case to reproduce you can file a bug against PDE UI and I will try to look at it in more detail. I am currently in the process of refactoring a lot of the related code.
Previous Topic:Error Log and console output
Next Topic:"No property tester" CoreException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:54:24 GMT 2024