Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem Mapping Context Menu in RCP (Unable to map Context Menu components in RCP-AUT. (see the detail))
Problem Mapping Context Menu in RCP [message #757416] Fri, 18 November 2011 11:27 Go to next message
Nack Gritt is currently offline Nack GrittFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to map a Context Menu component (which appears when you right-click an element).
So far, I am able to map it for Swing AUT, but not for RCP AUT.
In RCP AUT it seems like Jubula does not reconize Context Menu component (no green border appears as it appears in Swing AUT).

I use the DVD Tool app (provided in the Jubula download package) for Swing AUT, and Eclipse 3.7 for RCP AUT. My OS is Windows XP.

I came accross this while I was trying to use <ub_grc_selectContextMenuEntry_byTextpath> teststep
under the provided unbound_modules_concrete_[5.2] --> Select --> Context Menu category.

I've also tested it with another Swing applications and RCP applications and got the same issue.

Is this a known issue? or is there another way to map the Context Menu component for RCP AUT?

Regards,
Nack.
Re: Problem Mapping Context Menu in RCP [message #757419 is a reply to message #757416] Fri, 18 November 2011 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Nack,

The description for context menu actions is in the reference manual:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/reference/node11.html

Search for "Select Context Menu Entry by Textpath". You'll need to navigate to the place you want to be first (i.e. the node, table cell etc). You do not need to map the individual nodes, the behaviour is the same in this respect as for menus (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/262258/).

There is also a cheat sheet for working with context menus in the Jubula help menu. In there, there is information on which component name to enter for the context-menu action.

Regards,
Alex
Re: Problem Mapping Context Menu in RCP [message #757434 is a reply to message #757419] Fri, 18 November 2011 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I read that and "Select Context Menu Entry by Textpath" test case is exactly the one
I used. And yes, I did specify the textpath.

And then, before I run the test, I have this EXCEPTION in the Test Suite Browser: "The Object Mapping in this Test Case or its children is incomplete.", which prevents me to go on.

This is different from the MENU BAR case in the cheat sheet (DVD Tool section) which, requires textpath only,and without component mapping.

Regards,
Nack

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2011 12:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem Mapping Context Menu in RCP [message #757484 is a reply to message #757434] Fri, 18 November 2011 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The cheat sheet for the context menus contains the details on entering a component name for the context menu action. Basically, you'll have to enter the same name as the name you used for the component on which the context menu is being opened (so if you are opening it on a tree, then use the name that you've used for the tree).

Hope that helps,
Alex
icon1.gif  Re: Problem Mapping Context Menu in RCP [message #757646 is a reply to message #757416] Mon, 21 November 2011 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I've tried that, and let me clarify this.

The cheatsheet itself says that, "You may also need to carry out the object mapping ...", as shown below.

index.php/fa/6183/0/

So, correct me if I'm wrong because, it looks like you DOES NEED object mapping for using the context menu BUT, this is not the point.

My point is that, even though it needs object mapping, I tried it, and it works fine for testing Swing app but, it does not work for testing RCP app
because, jubula does not reconize RCP context menu.

Now, if you try it yourself with Eclipse(any version) or another RCP apps, you will see what I mean. (which, to me it looks like a bug)

Regards,
Nack
Re: Problem Mapping Context Menu in RCP [message #757659 is a reply to message #757646] Mon, 21 November 2011 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good morning Nack,

The way the context menu actions work is as follows:

- You enter the component name for the component on which the context menu will be opened (in the case of the cheat sheets project, the "DVDTool_Category_tree"). I've shown this step in the picture you uploaded as (1).
- This basically just tells us on which component to open the context menu. The navigation through the menu is done by path: we do not need to map individual nodes (as I explained in the second post above). The fact that individual items are recognizable as buttons in Swing is pure chance. As with main menus, we navigate through the context menu using the path to the item (which is much more robust than mapping individual entries anyway). In the case of the cheat sheet, this is "Add category.*" (marked with (2) on the picture).
- The reason you may need to carry out object mapping in the example is if you have used a different component name for the tree than the one which is already mapped for the project.

index.php/fa/6184/0/

Hope this helps,
Alex
Re: Problem Mapping Context Menu in RCP [message #758138 is a reply to message #757659] Tue, 22 November 2011 03:56 Go to previous message
Thank you, Alex. I see it now. I misunderstood the concept.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 November 2011 03:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to find what projects and versions are available from the default embedded H2 database
Next Topic:Object Mapping for Custom Element
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:49:49 GMT 2024