Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem Mapping Objects (RCP)(Unable to collect Menu components from RCP-AUT. (see the detail))
icon4.gif  Problem Mapping Objects (RCP) [message #757217] Thu, 17 November 2011 07:45 Go to next message
Nack Gritt is currently offline Nack GrittFriend
Hi,
I am currently trying to create a test for some feature in Eclipse3.7(Indigo).
I am able to map every of its components necessary for the test except the Menus which in this case are:
- The main menus which are at the top most portion of the application (The ones that are labeled :'File', 'Edit', 'Source' ... all the way to 'Help')
- Every menus that appear when you right-click something, e.g. a treenode.
There are many of them and they are all cannot be collected by Jubula (there is no green border around them, either).
I am using the current Jubula1.1 and running it on Windows XP sp3, and I've also tried it with Eclipse 3.5 and Eclipse 3.6 which I ran into the exact same problem.

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Nack.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2011 07:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem Mapping Objects (RCP) [message #757218 is a reply to message #757217] Thu, 17 November 2011 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

As documented in the Reference Manual, you do not need to map menu bars, as they are found automatically during test execution. In addition, the menu selection is done not by mapping the individual items, but as a content- or index-based path:

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/reference/node18.html

Tha FAQ referenced in this forum post:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/262206/757126/#msg_757126

Gives more information on when Jubula uses content to navigate.

There is also a cheat sheet on working with the menu actions available in the help menu.

Regards,
Alex
Re: Problem Mapping Objects (RCP) [message #757380 is a reply to message #757218] Fri, 18 November 2011 06:03 Go to previous message
Nack Gritt is currently offline Nack GrittFriend
Thank you so much. Got it now.

Regards,
Nack
Previous Topic:Tab switch on MultiPageEditorPart / CTabFolder
Next Topic:Error Message Dialog on startup of RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:09:59 GMT 2024