Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Unable to import offline target platform for hudson/jenkins buckminster run
Unable to import offline target platform for hudson/jenkins buckminster run [message #757119] Wed, 16 November 2011 15:32 Go to next message
Thomas C. Franke is currently offline Thomas C. FrankeFriend
Hi,

I need help for headless RCP project build using buckminster out of a jenkins/hudson job, but buckminster does not find the org.eclipse.* components.

What I do out of the job is:
- checkout sources,
- start buckminster plugin
- import offline target platform (yes I need offline version due to no internet connection)
- build
- create product....

commands for buckminster:
importtargetdefinition -A 'file:///c:/workspace/alereServiceTargetPlatform/serviceTargetPlatformJenkins.target'
import 'C:/workspace/serviceRCP/com.alere.service.site/site.cquery'
build -c

The error message is:
C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\AlereServiceSoftware\workspace>exit 0 
[workspace] $ "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin\java.exe" "-Dbuckminster.output.root=C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\AlereServiceSoftware\workspace\buckminster.output" "-Dbuckminster.temp.root=C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\AlereServiceSoftware\workspace\buckminster.temp" -Xmx512m -jar C:\workspace\buckminster-headless\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar -application org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.headless -data "C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\AlereServiceSoftware\workspace" --loglevel info -S "C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\AlereServiceSoftware\workspace\commands.txt"
INFO:  importtargetdefinition '-A' 'file:///c:/workspace/alereServiceTargetPlatform/serviceTargetPlatformJenkins.target'
INFO:  import 'C:/workspace/serviceRCP/com.alere.service.site/site.cquery'
ERROR   [0012] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.core.runtime:osgi.bundle was found in resourceMap file:/C:/workspace/serviceRCP/com.alere.service.site/site.rmap
  ERROR   [0012] : Unable to find a searchPath for org.eclipse.core.runtime:osgi.bundle

The target platform (.target file referencing some abolute paths) works fine if I use it in Eclipse IDE directly.
Content of platform:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<?pde version="3.6"?>

<target name="serviceTargetPlatform" sequenceNumber="4">
<locations>

<location includeAllPlatforms="true" includeMode="slicer" includeSource="false" type="InstallableUnit">
<unit id="org.eclipse.rcp.feature.group" version="3.6.2.r362_v20101104-9SAxFMKFkSAqi8axkv1ZjegmiBLY"/>
<unit id="org.eclipse.rcp.source.feature.group" version="3.6.2.r362_v20101104-9SAxFMKFkSAqi8axkv1ZjegmiBLY"/>
<repository location="file:///c:/workspace/alereServiceTargetPlatform/repo/"/>
</location>

<location id="org.eclipse.equinox.executable" path="c:\workspace\alereServiceTargetPlatform\repo" type="Feature"/>
</locations>
</target>

Do I need any type of rmap file for all eclipse stuff or so?

For my product otself I import a single cquery file and created a rmap file for all components of my own product (this works now).

Please help me how to import the OFFLINE target platform correctly.

Thx
Thomas

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2011 15:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to import offline target platform for hudson/jenkins buckminster run [message #757183 is a reply to message #757119] Thu, 17 November 2011 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas C. Franke is currently offline Thomas C. FrankeFriend
I did a workaround currently (with hope that it works - other problems are present still).
I build a platform using another job and archive the platform. The platform is simply a copy of the repository directory which I also references in .target file.
The platform after that is used by the buckminster job (option provided by buckminster plugin). The import of the platform seems to work, as the errors for unresolved org.eclipse.* are gone.

BUT this does not explain/solve the behaviour of original problem.
Re: Unable to import offline target platform for hudson/jenkins buckminster run [message #758013 is a reply to message #757119] Wed, 16 November 2011 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Thomas,

Can you use the off-line target platform for normal builds in your IDE? Does the missing bundles show up in the plug-in
registry?

- thomas

On 2011-11-16 16:32, Thomas C. Franke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need help for headless RCP project build using buckminster out of a jenkins/hudson job, but buckminster does not find
> the org.eclipse.* components.
>
> What I do out of the job is:
> - checkout sources,
> - start buckminster plugin
> - import offline target platform (yes I need offline version due to no internet connection)
> - build
> - create product....
>
> commands for buckminster:
>
> importtargetdefinition -A 'file:///c:/workspace/alereServiceTargetPlatform/serviceTargetPlatformJenkins.target'
> import 'C:/workspace/serviceRCP/com.alere.service.site/site.cquery'
> build -c
>
>
> The error message is:
>
> C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\AlereServiceSoftware\workspace>exit 0 [workspace] $ "C:\Program
> Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin\java.exe" "-Dbuckminster.output.root=C:\Program
> Files\Jenkins\jobs\AlereServiceSoftware\workspace\buckminster.output" "-Dbuckminster.temp.root=C:\Program
> Files\Jenkins\jobs\AlereServiceSoftware\workspace\buckminster.temp" -Xmx512m -jar
> C:\workspace\buckminster-headless\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar -application
> org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.headless -data "C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\AlereServiceSoftware\workspace" --loglevel
> info -S "C:\Program Files\Jenkins\jobs\AlereServiceSoftware\workspace\commands.txt"
> INFO: importtargetdefinition '-A' 'file:///c:/workspace/alereServiceTargetPlatform/serviceTargetPlatformJenkins.target'
> INFO: import 'C:/workspace/serviceRCP/com.alere.service.site/site.cquery'
> ERROR [0012] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.core.runtime:osgi.bundle was found in resourceMap
> file:/C:/workspace/serviceRCP/com.alere.service.site/site.rmap
> ERROR [0012] : Unable to find a searchPath for org.eclipse.core.runtime:osgi.bundle
>
>
> The target platform (.target file referencing some abolute paths) works fine if I use it in Eclipse IDE directly.
> Content of platform:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
> <?pde version="3.6"?>
>
> <target name="serviceTargetPlatform" sequenceNumber="4">
> <locations>
>
> <location includeAllPlatforms="true" includeMode="slicer" includeSource="false" type="InstallableUnit">
> <unit id="org.eclipse.rcp.feature.group" version="3.6.2.r362_v20101104-9SAxFMKFkSAqi8axkv1ZjegmiBLY"/>
> <unit id="org.eclipse.rcp.source.feature.group" version="3.6.2.r362_v20101104-9SAxFMKFkSAqi8axkv1ZjegmiBLY"/>
> <repository location="file:///c:/workspace/alereServiceTargetPlatform/repo/"/>
> </location>
>
> <location id="org.eclipse.equinox.executable" path="c:\workspace\alereServiceTargetPlatform\repo" type="Feature"/>
> </locations>
> </target>
>
>
> Do I need any type of rmap file for all eclipse stuff or so?
>
> For my product otself I import a single cquery file and created a rmap file for all components of my own product (this
> works now).
>
> Please help me how to import the OFFLINE target platform correctly.
>
> Thx
> Thomas
Re: Unable to import offline target platform for hudson/jenkins buckminster run [message #758015 is a reply to message #757183] Thu, 17 November 2011 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
A better solution might be to refrain from using a .target definition and instead use the b3 aggregator

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_b3/aggregator/manual

or the p2 mirroring tool

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Repository_Mirroring

to create an offline p2 repository. Then let Buckminster resolve the target platform during its resolve/materialize
phase. That way, you will ensure that the TP is consistent.

HTH,
- thomas

On 2011-11-17 02:25, Thomas C. Franke wrote:
> I did a workaround currently (with hope that it works - other problems are present still).
> I build a platform using another job and archive the platform. The platform is simply a copy of the repository directory
> which I also references in .target file.
> The platform after that is used by the buckminster job (option provided by buckminster plugin). The import of the
> platform seems to work, as the errors for unresolved org.eclipse.* are gone.
>
> BUT this does not explain/solve the behaviour of original problem.
Re: Unable to import offline target platform for hudson/jenkins buckminster run [message #758286 is a reply to message #758015] Tue, 22 November 2011 14:57 Go to previous message
Thomas F is currently offline Thomas FFriend
I materialize all dependencies for org.eclipse.rcp and org.eclipse.equinox.executable now (using mspecs...).
This creates a repo folder so far which is archived as targetplatform by jenkins and buckminster understands this for fuether builds now.
I think this is something like a filtered "mirror" especially because I materialize it with os=ws=arch=*.
Thx for the answers - helped
Previous Topic:How to Convert Feature names
Next Topic:Can I restrict maven provider to fetch stable versions only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:50:29 GMT 2024