Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Tab switch on MultiPageEditorPart / CTabFolder
Tab switch on MultiPageEditorPart / CTabFolder [message #757109] Wed, 16 November 2011 14:22 Go to next message
Andreas Fischl is currently offline Andreas FischlFriend
My AUT is an RCP application and there's a MultiPageEditorPart on it. I want Jubula to click on a tab below to switch the editor page. Unfortunately, my attempts to capture them in Object Mapping Mode haven't been successful so far.

I manage to get either the widgets within highlighted (e.g. labels, text fields) or the whole CTabFolder (which is essentially the whole MultiPageEditorPart) but I cannot get the tab buttons nor - by the way - the tab control of the editor itself (the one with the X to close the editor).

I didn't find any actions specific for RCP either to switch those tabs (I expected them to be under unbound_modules_swt or unbound_modules_jface).
Re: Tab switch on MultiPageEditorPart / CTabFolder [message #757126 is a reply to message #757109] Wed, 16 November 2011 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

As far as I'm aware, the "select tab" actions used in the unbound_modules_concrete should also work on multi tab editors. The behaviour you describe in the object mapping mode is correct, as we map the whole component and select the tabs based either on name or index - excerpt from the FAQs:

Quote:
Why isn't there a green border around individual tree nodes/table cells/tabbed panes/list items?

GUIdancer and Jubula support various components, e.g. trees, tables, combo boxes. When you are in the object mapping mode, these components have a green border, and can be mapped. You can only map the components supported by GUIdancer / Jubula.

If you specify a Test Step to execute an action on a tree, for example, you have to map the ''tree'' component from the application. How you navigate through the tree (where to click, what to select) is given as parameters for Test Steps.

Similarly, tabbed panes are mapped as the whole pane. To select a specific tab, enter the tab name as a parameter for a Select Tab Test Step.

The documentation for the tab actions is in the reference manual:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/reference/node19.html

There is currently no dedicated action to close a tab via the X. If you don't want to write one or wait for someone else to, I'd recommend building a reusable module that selects the tab then selects close from the context menu.

Hope that helps,
Alex
Re: Tab switch on MultiPageEditorPart / CTabFolder [message #757262 is a reply to message #757126] Thu, 17 November 2011 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Fischl is currently offline Andreas FischlFriend
The select tab action (ub_tpn_selectTab_byValue) did the trick. I haven't stumbled upon the tab actions before - I'm new to Jubula and my thoughts still went along the lines of "click on the tab control". Smile

Concerning the X to close the top tab:
I managed to close the view with the context menu but I had to resort to coordinates to get the mouse click on the tab itself (top left) instead of the tabbed panel (center).

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!
Re: Tab switch on MultiPageEditorPart / CTabFolder [message #757301 is a reply to message #757262] Thu, 17 November 2011 15:36 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Glad that helped! Smile

A tip for the context menu: you shouldn't have to resort to coordinates. If you select the tabbed pane first, then the following context menu selection happens *where the mouse is at the moment*, i.e. on the tab. Use the select action without the position entries to do this.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Procedure of using eclipse indigo
Next Topic:Problem Mapping Objects (RCP)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:17:24 GMT 2024