Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Invalid diagram root element is selected
Invalid diagram root element is selected [message #757011] Wed, 16 November 2011 02:08 Go to next message
Cindy  is currently offline Cindy Friend
when i initialize the diagram file from the model file ,i often got this error: Invalid diagram root element is selected..
but sometimes i did succeed so i guess its not the model that caused this error~~
does anybody know what will probably be the problem?
Re: Invalid diagram root element is selected [message #757074 is a reply to message #757011] Wed, 16 November 2011 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anybody?
Re: Invalid diagram root element is selected [message #757140 is a reply to message #757074] Wed, 16 November 2011 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoang  is currently offline Hoang Friend
Hi Cindy,

If you describe a little bit clearer your message, then I may be able to answer your question. Which diagram file and model file you mentioned about? Are you able to attach them here? The error message screenshot? The Ecllipse version? Initially I also saw this kind of message, but recently when I am a bit familiar with how GMF works, I do not see this problem anymore.
Re: Invalid diagram root element is selected [message #757456 is a reply to message #757140] Fri, 18 November 2011 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In .gmfgen model i set the "Same file for diagram and model "to false... so in the modeling tool i generated from this gen model , the diagram file and the model file is separate ..
usually the diagram file and the model file are both created at the same time when running the creation wizard.. but now i for some reason i only have model file and wanna init diagram file from this model file with this "initializing ** diagram "action under the file menu(this action is generated from the gen model too)..
but when i slected the element to initialize.. as follows
  • Attachment: 捕获.JPG
    (Size: 26.72KB, Downloaded 259 times)
Re: Invalid diagram root element is selected [message #757569 is a reply to message #757456] Sat, 19 November 2011 11:53 Go to previous message
Hoang  is currently offline Hoang Friend
Sorry I still don't understand the problem thoroughly. Let's hope someone be able to help you.
Previous Topic:Property window is getting updated with the latest node dragged and dropped on the GMF editor
Next Topic:How to use constructor of xxxItemProvider.java in other class in GMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:25:03 GMT 2024