Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Graphiti Connections
Graphiti Connections [message #756932] Tue, 15 November 2011 15:11 Go to next message
Joao S is currently offline Joao SFriend
Hello everyone,

As far as I can see in PeCreateServices there are only FreeFormConnection and ManhattanConnection available despite that in the pictogram metamodel here there are anothers such as Fan, Direct etc...
Can anyone explain me why is that?

After a bit of research I think that at this time it is not possible to do any kind of changes to these existing connections (FreeForm, Manhattan), am I right?

All I would like to have is a FreeFormConnection with a rectilinear routing style such as in GMF but I can´t find any reasonable way of doing this.

Besides that, is there any plan to provide new Connections in the future or, at least, allow the configuration of the existing ones?

Thanks,
Joao
Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2011 15:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Graphiti Connections [message #756976 is a reply to message #756932] Tue, 15 November 2011 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hernan Gonzalez is currently offline Hernan GonzalezFriend
Hi Joao.

See here:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/718435/?srch=ManhattanConnection

In brief, only the FreeFormConnection is really usable today.

I'm not sure what you mean by "rectilinear routing style". If you mean only vertical/horizontal lines (ortoghonal corners), that would be Manhattan Connection work, but perhaps with some work one could create/restrict the bendpoints.

If you mean strictly rectilinear, without bending in segments, that would only require to disallow the BendPoints creation (seems easy)

If you mean non-rounded bendpoints, you must add the following to your ToolBehaviourProvider:

public boolean isDefaultBendPointRenderingActive() {
		return false;
	}

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/197636/

[Updated on: Tue, 15 November 2011 20:15]

Re: Graphiti Connections [message #757060 is a reply to message #756976] Wed, 16 November 2011 09:52 Go to previous message
Joao S is currently offline Joao SFriend
Hello Hernan,

First of all thanks for your answer.

In fact I was referring to ortoghonal corners.

As you said in the other topic ManhattanConnection doesn´t allows manual retouching (so i really can´t say it fits my needs), otherwise I would be using it already.

In GMF you may customize your connections through a Properties view (wich allows setting ortoghonal corners e.g.) and I think this would be great for Graphiti.

It would already be O.K. if I somehow could customize the existing FreeFormConnection (maybe restricting the bendpoints as you said).

Anyway, following your other topic, are you still working in graphiti connections?

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2011 09:55]

Previous Topic:Enlarge click area for connections
Next Topic:manhattan-like freeform-connection ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:28:21 GMT 2024