Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » ViewPart Menu(How to change a Viewpart tab context menu)
ViewPart Menu [message #756567] Mon, 14 November 2011 11:18 Go to next message
David Casas is currently offline David CasasFriend

Hi guys,

I am developing a RCP applications, and I have been unable to find how can I change Viewpart's tab menu (the one that have Detached, Move, Close... actions). Could anyone help me?

On the other hand, I want to know if there is a way to translate all these commands, I have tried to override org.eclipse.ui.window.maximizePart without success...

Thank you in advance
Re: ViewPart Menu [message #756617 is a reply to message #756567] Mon, 14 November 2011 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

The pane menu (called the system menu in eclipse) is provided by the presentation (generally the 3.x presentation that provides a presentation factory and follows the presentation API). AFAIK it is not extensible.

PW

Re: ViewPart Menu [message #756719 is a reply to message #756617] Mon, 14 November 2011 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

Here is a code that will allow you to hide that menu; but to change it as Paul is said it is not possible.
BTW, what is your use case for changing that menu?

Display display = PlatformUI.createDisplay();
    display.addFilter(SWT.MenuDetect, new Listener() {
      @Override
      public void handleEvent(Event aEvent) {
        if (aEvent.widget != null) {
          if (aEvent.widget.getClass() == CTabFolder.class) {
            aEvent.type = SWT.None;
          }
        }
      }
    });

Time is what you make of it.
Re: ViewPart Menu [message #757090 is a reply to message #756719] Wed, 16 November 2011 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi again and thanxs for your responses,

the thing is our application is wrotten in Spanish, so I wanted to have this menu translated in that language.

However I think it is not a bad option to hide, so I will put all needed options in the viewpart menu.

Thanks for your help!
Re: ViewPart Menu [message #757158 is a reply to message #757090] Wed, 16 November 2011 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

If it was only the case of translating those entries to spanish then a language fragment will solve your problem.
Please read this article: http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Speak-The-Local-Language/article.html. Then download the appropriate language pack from http://eclipse.org/babel/ and integrate it into your build if necessary. For that menu you have pointed to the 'responsible' plugin containing the properties file is: org.eclipse.ui.workbench.

Note that in my case it was decided by the client to remove those menu entries.

Time is what you make of it.
Re: ViewPart Menu [message #788277 is a reply to message #756567] Wed, 01 February 2012 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Catalin,

I finally chose to hide that menu, I think it is better this way. Thank's for your help.

Cheers
Re: ViewPart Menu [message #789069 is a reply to message #788277] Thu, 02 February 2012 15:17 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Just a note. That won't work reliable in eclipse 4.2, as the presentation has changed.

PW

Previous Topic:Webstart: jredesc in component ignored: null
Next Topic:View with multiple relative views in perspective extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:12:39 GMT 2024